Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I NOW Know What Citi Card I Want

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: I NOW Know What Citi Card I Want

Nice limit!! Thought you could choose Visa or MC. Oh well, CONGRATS Involver!!! Smiley Happy. Our first Myfico app!
Message 91 of 532
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Involver wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

@Involver wrote:

Apped and was instantly approved.

It is a Mastercard.

Sweeeeet!!!!! So you didn't have the option to choose? Starting limit? 

There was no option to choose, no.

It never listed it at any point throughout the application / setup process.  I found out the payment network through the backdoor.

@Anonymous limit is 10k @ 12.99%.  Going to recon it when the card arrives.  They pulled Equifax.

Congrats! I really need to stop reading this thread...

Message 92 of 532
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yeah I knew Citi likes to pull both EX and EQ. So it's pretty much a toss up I guess. May be region based.
Message 93 of 532
Involver
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
Nice limit!! Thought you could choose Visa or MC. Oh well, CONGRATS Involver!!! Smiley Happy. Our first Myfico app!

Thanks Smiley Happy  The woman I spoke to on the phone was also very congratulatory for their brand new card and wondered how I had come to find it without it being on their main credit cards page yet.

Message 94 of 532
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@Involver wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

@Involver wrote:

Apped and was instantly approved.

It is a Mastercard.

Sweeeeet!!!!! So you didn't have the option to choose? Starting limit? 

There was no option to choose, no.

It never listed it at any point throughout the application / setup process.  I found out the payment network through the backdoor.

@Anonymous limit is 10k @ 12.99%.  Going to recon it when the card arrives.  They pulled Equifax.

I was thinking about apping for thefid Amex this feb.....now I'm thinking about a sp cli on my typ, and a pc to this badboy......unfortunately, I don't think that my typ turnd 1 yo until feb....

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 95 of 532
baller4life
Super Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

So this customer service rep said that PCs aren't possible with my kind of card and that I'd have to app for this card if I really wanted it. No way to consolidate limits. Wow Citi.

That sucks. I thought all cardholders could pc. I would try a different rep just to double check.

Message 96 of 532
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

This beats the Thank You Preferred in every way, right?  Or am I missing something?  

TYP are worth more than 1 cent only if you have Premier or Prestige, and if you have them, you get same or better category bonuses anyway using those cards.   And the Preferred is only 2x on a few things.

So, this should cannablize the Preferred unless they enhance that somehow.

Message 97 of 532
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

So this customer service rep said that PCs aren't possible with my kind of card and that I'd have to app for this card if I really wanted it. No way to consolidate limits. Wow Citi.

That sucks. I thought all cardholders could pc. I would try a different rep just to double check.

I've actually gotten different responses. A few reps said after September I could look into a PC cause it will be after my account with them turns a year old. This rep I just talked to kept saying that because it's a student card, PCs aren't possible but yet again she had no idea they discontinued the card until I told her.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 98 of 532
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cash Back on Purchases: Unless you are participating in a limited time promotional offer, you will earn 1% cash back based upon eligible purchases appearing on your current month's billing statement. Eligible purchases you make will be accumulated in the "Purchase Tracker" shown on your billing statement. The Purchase Tracker shows the balance eligible to earn cash back on payments each billing cycle. Eligible purchases do not include balance transfers, cash advances, convenience checks, disputed or unauthorized purchases/fraudulent transactions, Card Account fees and finance charges and fees for services or programs you elect to receive through us. Limited time promotional offers do not apply to personal banking transactions you make so you will only earn 1% on these transactions.

Cash Back on Payments: You will also earn 1% cash back on payments you make that appear on your current month's billing statement as long as the amount paid is at least the Minimum Payment Due that is printed on your billing statement and there is a balance in the Purchase Tracker. The balance in the Purchase Tracker is reduced by eligible payments you make. When the Purchase Tracker reaches $0, you won't earn cash back on payments until more eligible purchases are made.

Got this from the terms and conditions when I app'd, same interest rate as Involver, slightly lower CL.

Message 99 of 532
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Involver wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Thanks Smiley Happy  The woman I spoke to on the phone was also very congratulatory for their brand new card and wondered how I had come to find it without it being on their main credit cards page yet.

Haha we have our ways. We're Myficoians!! Smiley Wink

Message 100 of 532
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.