cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I NOW Know What Citi Card I Want

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: I NOW Know What Citi Card I Want

I've been looking for something to replace my TYP, and this looks promising. Smiley Happy  

 

Here's the info I got from my chat with Citi: 

 

  • The Citi Double Cash Card allows clients to earn 1% unlimited cash back on eligible purchases and an additional 1% as they pay for those purchases, whether they pay in full or over time. Citi Double Cash clients will earn a one-time automatic late fee waiver the first time they pay late.

 

  • I think an account needs to be at least a year old to qualify for a PC: "Since you've been with Citi for over a year, you'd quality to convert into the Citi Double Cash card instead of being required to apply."
  • Conversions begin into this new card product as of 09/07/2014
  •  You can chose either a VISA-branded or MASTERCARD-branded Citi Double Cash card, as the option exist.

Edit to add: 

  • The cash back you earn is calculated at the end of each billing cycle and is shown on your monthly statement and account online.

 

Hope that helps! Smiley Happy 

Message 41 of 532
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: I NOW Know What Citi Card I Want


@CreditJim wrote:

Horrible looking card but if they'll let me PC my shortly-to-be cancelled AA Plat to this then I'm in.


Hey! Don't diss my two favorite colors.

TU: 777 | EQ: 814 | EX: 764
Last INQ: 10/1/17
AAoA: 4y 7m
Lowest limit: Citi Costco Visa - $18,500
Highest limit: Discover It - $56,500
Available credit: $208,100 (6 cards)
Message 42 of 532
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: I NOW Know What Citi Card I Want

Thank you for more info!!
Message 43 of 532
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: I NOW Know What Citi Card I Want

Here I sit... stuck in the garden... twiddling my fingers...

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 44 of 532
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: I NOW Know What Citi Card I Want


@Irisa wrote:

I've been looking for something to replace my TYP, and this looks promising. Smiley Happy  

 

Here's the info I got from my chat with Citi: 

 

  • The Citi Double Cash Card allows clients to earn 1% unlimited cash back on eligible purchases and an additional 1% as they pay for those purchases, whether they pay in full or over time. Citi Double Cash clients will earn a one-time automatic late fee waiver the first time they pay late.

 

  • I think an account needs to be at least a year old to qualify for a PC: "Since you've been with Citi for over a year, you'd quality to convert into the Citi Double Cash card instead of being required to apply."
  • Conversions begin into this new card product as of 09/07/2014
  •  You can chose either a VISA-branded or MASTERCARD-branded Citi Double Cash card, as the option exist.

 

Hope that helps! Smiley Happy 


Thanks for that info thats interesting since i should be losing my freedom MC any day now. If i can pick this up as MC would be really nice option. The one thing i noticed since QS has almost instant payout that could be very important deciding factor. Did you apply Irisa ? :-)



EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 45 of 532
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: I NOW Know What Citi Card I Want

Nice additional info Smiley Happy Thanks! It doesnt look horrible to me, different definitely but not horrible. I like

Ink Cash Signature $8.5k ~ Discover it $15k
Blue Cash Everyday $15k ~ Diamond Preferred $15k ~ Slate $17.5k ~ Sallie Mae WMC $24.5k
EQ 712 EX 716 TU 721




Message 46 of 532
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: I NOW Know What Citi Card I Want


@One7 wrote:

Here I sit... stuck in the garden... twiddling my fingers...


RIGHT!!! Me too!!! Ugggghhhh

Message 47 of 532
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: I NOW Know What Citi Card I Want


@heyitsyeh wrote:

@CreditJim wrote:

Horrible looking card but if they'll let me PC my shortly-to-be cancelled AA Plat to this then I'm in.


Hey! Don't diss my two favorite colors.


Sorry!

 

What's the deal with PC'ing from an AA card? I spent quite a long time searching the forums for this last night and only really found a couple of threads specific to PC'ing from Citi co-branded cards. The card is almost a year old so I want to close it or PC it before the AF hits, but as the account has to be a year old will I have to pay the AF?

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | SPG Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | Ink Preferred $28k | CSR $25.5k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | J Crew $18k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Spark $16k | Freedom $15k | SWACU $15k | Amazon Store $10k | REI $1.5k
Message 48 of 532
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: I NOW Know What Citi Card I Want

I was dead set my Diamond would PC to Dividend once it hit the 12 month mark, now I'm not so sure.  Maybe I'll PC Diamond to to Double Cash and Simplicity to Dividend.  Citi has certainly stepped up their game with this offering fo sho!


Message 49 of 532
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: I NOW Know What Citi Card I Want


@wacdenney wrote:

I was dead set my Diamond would PC to Dividend once it hit the 12 month mark, now I'm not so sure.  Maybe I'll PC Diamond to to Double Cash and Simplicity to Dividend.  Citi has certainly stepped up their game with this offering fo sho!


they have stepped up their game period, I think with the changes to TYP have much better options to transfer to airlines, and now an "real" 2% cashback card. I will have to really think if i want to replace the QS with this and forgo apping for fidelity amex down the road. 



EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 50 of 532
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.