cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I THINK I APP WAY TOO MUCH !!!! SO SCARED I MESSED UP !!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I THINK I APP WAY TOO MUCH !!!! SO SCARED I MESSED UP !!

ok so I'm freaking out now. Just recently cleaned up most of the baddies on my credit....went from 10 collections to 1 paid in full and 2 judgments both vacated and deleted from ex and TU still disputing on eq.

Got 1 cap 1 secure 09/12 and have been good since ... 2 student loans and aaoa 2 1/2 years, 7 inq ex, 4 TU, 5 eq

but for some reason I woke yesterday and snapped out and applied for everything

smh...So nervous that I messed up

here's the results

Applied for
best buy 300*
cap one..Denied....too many inq, pulled eq with that stupid judgment still there
discover 1200*
walmart 500*
citi diamond ?denied- not enough credit, everything just Wrong
citi platinum ?denied - same
amex zync nspsl*
amex blue ...... recon waiting don't think ima get it.....
barclays apple 1200* denial and recon and got approval spoke with lovely young lady....I love that comp

5 approve 4 denied 9 new scattered inq.....

did I commit credit score suicide and trust me I won't apply for anything else but what do I do next ... I mean long term...Future goal CAR LOAN AND MORTGAGE and whats gonna happen to my score

oh yeah new appers my scores currently are

660 tu (fico) 674 eq (fico) 646 ex (ex website score)  goal 750 across

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

Re: I THINK I APP WAY TOO MUCH !!!! SO SCARED I MESSED UP !!

No reason to be scared. Wasnt maybe the smartest thing ever but you are not the first person to clean up a report then decide to over induldge. Just stop applying for anything at all and let things coast for awhile. If you want to buy a house and car next month...well then all the applying will hurt, if not relax. Your scores will take a hit but it will come back. Just dont go running up balances you cant pay for that month.
Message 2 of 21
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

I like the Discover and AmEx pickups, those cards you'll carry for a while and love. Barclays is a toss-up, good if you'll be using it for the financing, but no rewards. Best Buy and WalMart I probably would have passed on. You'll see some INQ and new TL damage, but the good part is INQs should fall off at once and unless you are applying for the loans right away, time will heal. Good Luck!

@Anonymous wrote:

ok so I'm freaking out now. Just recently cleaned up most of the baddies on my credit....went from 10 collections to 1 paid in full and 2 judgments both vacated and deleted from ex and TU still disputing on eq.

Got 1 cap 1 secure 09/12 and have been good since ... 2 student loans and aaoa 2 1/2 years, 7 inq ex, 4 TU, 5 eq

but for some reason I woke yesterday and snapped out and applied for everything

smh...So nervous that I messed up

here's the results

Applied for
best buy 300*
cap one..Denied....too many inq, pulled eq with that stupid judgment still there
discover 1200*
walmart 500*
citi diamond ?denied- not enough credit, everything just Wrong
citi platinum ?denied - same
amex zync nspsl*
amex blue ...... recon waiting don't think ima get it.....
barclays apple 1200* denial and recon and got approval spoke with lovely young lady....I love that comp

5 approve 4 denied 9 new scattered inq.....

did I commit credit score suicide and trust me I won't apply for anything else but what do I do next ... I mean long term...Future goal CAR LOAN AND MORTGAGE and whats gonna happen to my score

oh yeah new appers my scores currently are

660 tu (fico) 674 eq (fico) 646 ex (ex website score)  goal 750 across

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cat Very Happy thanks for the advise... im prob gonna be a little disapointed to see my score drop and I prob wont use much of the new credit at all keeping my fingers crossed so that I can meet my goals in the future .....

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

what if I decide to not use the best buy and walmart at all will that hurt me? and how long do I need to wait before a car loan ..... thinking maybe 3 -4 months ...is that enough ?

Message 5 of 21
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Did you really need 9 new cards the minute things got cleaned up a bit?

I can see floating 1 or 2, but 9?! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 21
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

If it were me, I would just put a small purchase on the Walmart and Best Buy like once every three months or so and PIF.  This will keep the cards active and keep you safe from any AA.  I think the cards will help your scores in the long run as long as they are managed properly.  Congrats on the approvals!  You've got me itching now...ugg

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ drkaje smh .... I don't know what I was thinking .... so sad ... lesson learned

@drkaje wrote:

Did you really need 9 new cards the minute things got cleaned up a bit?

I can see floating 1 or 2, but 9?! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks ...... NO MORE APPS .... lol..... will do with the utilization on the store cards though.... curious as to how the zync card works though .... never had npsl... does anyone know how that works.

@BrokaToe wrote:

If it were me, I would just put a small purchase on the Walmart and Best Buy like once every three months or so and PIF.  This will keep the cards active and keep you safe from any AA.  I think the cards will help your scores in the long run as long as they are managed properly.  Congrats on the approvals!  You've got me itching now...ugg

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks ...... NO MORE APPS .... lol..... will do with the utilization on the store cards though.... curious as to how the zync card works though .... never had npsl... does anyone know how that works.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.