Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I UPSET THE CARD COMPANYS THEY HAD FICO LOCK MY POSTING

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I UPSET THE CARD COMPANYS THEY HAD FICO LOCK MY POSTING

From what i have gathered from looking in this forum and others as well are a few Credit Card issuers that you should run away from as soon as you see them. My information comes from myFICO, Creditboards.com, and The Rip-Off-Report.com. These are some of the worst offenders.RE-POST

First Premier Bank: This company issues only sub prime credit cards that I wouldn't recommend anyone carry. They charge over the top processing fees, and annual fees that rival a mortgage payment. Fees $72.00 they call a participation fee. Credit Line maybe $250 with a 28 to 29.9%APR

Other cards they go by: Centennial Gold, Centennial Classic mastercard

Orchard or Household / HSBC bank: This bank offers the same thing as above, but a little different. They have a $79 annual fee and a $49.00 processing fee. What are you processing? opening the account as you are supposed to do and they extend the same types of credit lines sub prime only with a starter 8% but when you get the card they change the rate on you to 28 or 29.9%  Credit Line maybe $300 with few increases.

Plains Commerce bank: This bank issues the card "TOTAL Visa" they are another violator that charge people outrageous fee the get their cards. $96.00 programming fee, $56.00 set up fee, $48.00 annual fee, $9.50 charge to close your account. Yes, they charge you to close it. Credit lines will be $150.00 to $200.00 fee's are due when you get your card with your paltry credit line.

Capital One: I'll go somewhat easy on them as they are not too bad in their practices BUT, they have gotten in the weeds with the sub prime credit cards that they offer cards with paltry credit lines, and annual fees of $19 to $39 for cards they state are Platinum cards but in name only as these cards have $150.00 to $300.00 credit lines with APR of 17.8% to 29.9% variable. 

New Millennium Bank: This bank is at the bottom of the barrel, they offer both Visa and Mastercards, they not only charge you to set the accounts up at $129.00 for their processing fee, but require a deposit of funds so you can set your credit limit with a APR of 19.9% and to close the account they require three form of I.D. to get your money back from the security deposit being held. And that take 3 to 6 month's to process.

So i have laid it out for everyone to see, I don't have any experiences with these banks as i would never get into bed with these crooks. The bottom line is this ladies and gentleman, NO ONE should ever have to pay to get some credit established.....credit problems or not. Go to you local bank or Credit union....preferably a credit union and explain your situation and the a small line established and you will be on your way back.

So if you see these banks in your rear view.......put your foot on the gas and get outta there. 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I UPSET THE CARD COMPANYS THEY HAD FICO LOCK MY POSTING

Many of the cards you have posted about are "rebuilder" cards, or cards of last resort/first resort to someone looking to start credit/improve credit/recover from bad credit decisions.

in some cases they are the only cards willing to extend credit to some people. And the only cards willing to incurr the risk of handling some people.

Would a 700+FICO find value in using them? No.... probably not.

Would a 510 BK in last 10 months rebuilder need them? YEP!!!!

Message 2 of 18
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

King, as a mod on a  different forum, I can tell you that if they locked your post, you must have violated TOS somehow.  I don't have time to go review it, but you might want to take a look.

I don't disagree with your assessment, even though I do have an Orchard card, which has been essential in rebuilding, by the way. BUT, I can see how your post might hurt some feelings and stir up some drama. I don't believe that was your intent...but it happens here sometimes.  The mods have a job to do, and I am sure it was not personal.

In the rebuilding process sometimes we have to take what we can get, you know? Every last one of my cards is one that could be gained with fair to poor credit...by using them wisely, I am sitting on a 701 as of today.

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LisaJ wrote:

King, as a mod on a  different forum, I can tell you that if they locked your post, you must have violated TOS somehow.  I don't have time to go review it, but you might want to take a look.

I don't disagree with your assessment, even though I do have an Orchard card, which has been essential in rebuilding, by the way. BUT, I can see how your post might hurt some feelings and stir up some drama. I don't believe that was your intent...but it happens here sometimes.  The mods have a job to do, and I am sure it was not personal.

In the rebuilding process sometimes we have to take what we can get, you know? Every last one of my cards is one that could be gained with fair to poor credit...by using them wisely, I am sitting on a 701 as of today.

Hey i just put some info out thereon these cards that were in forums PERIOD. They locked it....so who's really running the forum...Credit Card compnays maybe. I haven't violated anything.....read the posts they are still up. TOS.... PLEASE. If speaking the truth is a violation of service then suspend me.Smiley Surprised

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Many of the cards you have posted about are "rebuilder" cards, or cards of last resort/first resort to someone looking to start credit/improve credit/recover from bad credit decisions.

in some cases they are the only cards willing to extend credit to some people. And the only cards willing to incurr the risk of handling some people.

Oh ad as i stated before......since you can't read. This is my opinion, NO ONE Should have to pay to restablish credit or establish credit period. These cards are beyond terrible.

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think reposting a closed subject is a good idea.

I also don't think that Capital One belongs in a list of "companies to stay away from". They have some pretty prime cards, and they seem to have relatively good customer service for their prime customers.

And, no offence, but telling people that they "can't read" sounds rude to me. Which might be a quite simple reason for a thread closure.

Message Edited by Ulan on 04-23-2009 11:25 AM
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Oh ad as i stated before......since you can't read. This is my opinion, NO ONE Should have to pay to restablish credit or establish credit period. These cards are beyond terrible.

Obviously I can read since I am participating in the forum.

And your opinion is unfortunastely not the way the world and FICO scoring work.

Message 7 of 18
fused
Moderator Emeritus

74king:

Your threads are being locked for attacking forum members and posting unfriendly messages. Please note that this is your second warning in the past few days. Repeated policy violations can result in a suspension or removal from the community, so please be careful!

--fused, myfico moderator

Message 8 of 18
athensguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Capital One has cards that range from subprime to prime. They don't have any fee harvester cards like the others listed.

However, some of these cards are fee harvesters and they are not necessary for building or rebuilding if you are willing to work at it. They are primarily set up to scam those that can afford it the least.

ETA: Orchard has some reasonable cards with a ~$29 annual fee that aren't that bad, too. HSBC offers prime cards, too.
Message Edited by athensguy on 04-23-2009 03:51 PM
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keyword in my post: "Many."
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.