Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Want A Discover CLI After My 3rd Stmt

tag
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

I Want A Discover CLI After My 3rd Stmt

Hi

I waited for my 3rd statement to cut and today that happens tonight after 5PM EST Smiley Tongue

I waited because of what more experienced Discover users said but I forget, should I wait a month or so for my first CLI or should I call tomorrow?

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Indo
New Contributor

Re: I Want A Discover CLI After My 3rd Stmt

Discover doesn't grant customer requested CLIs until you've been with them for a minimum of 6 months.

Starting Score: 673 EQ(2014)
Current Score: 784 EQ(2022)
Goal Score: 750+

Current cards: AmEx Gold (NPSL), Discover It ($17,000), Barclaycard Rewards ($15,600), Amazon Prime Rewards ($25,200), Apple Card ($15,500), AmEx Blue Business Plus ($30,000), Rakuten Visa ($8,000), My Best Buy ($15,000)
Message 2 of 9
DI
Super Contributor

@Indo wrote:

Discover doesn't grant customer requested CLIs until you've been with them for a minimum of 6 months.

Some cardmembers get CLI's every 3 months for the first year after opening an account.  I did and other members on here did too. 

Message 3 of 9
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

@DI wrote:

Some cardmembers get CLI's every 3 months for the first year after opening an account.  I did and other members on here did too. 

I've been with Discover for a year now and I've only had one CLI of $250 (and I have a lot of activity). I called and the only way to request a CLI is with a hard pull, and they won't tell me how they decide when to do an auto CLI.

Message 4 of 9
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

Thanks all for your replies, they were helpful. 

I knew, DI, you would respond Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 9
MrCredit
Established Contributor

From experience, getting a CLI from Discover is like pulling teeth. They are very conservative and I have been with them three years and still have yet to receive an increase. I have a $1000 limit and my highest limit card is 12k. Look at a different bank such as BOA if you want high CLs. Discover is not generous with CLs. My dad who has had them for over 20 years he has an 11k limit. FYI. YMMV.

Message 6 of 9
DI
Super Contributor

@Scuba wrote:

Thanks all for your replies, they were helpful. 

I knew, DI, you would respond Smiley Very Happy

Ha!  Since your 3rd statement generated yesterday you still may  get a CLI.  My CLIs came about a week after each 3rd statement generated. 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not to spoil the party, but I never got a CLI from Discover. Never ever, even after years.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My 3rd statement date was 2 days ago as well. Maybe we will see a CLI in the next week or so.

*Fingers crossed*

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.