cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Want a NFCU cashrewards card, but scared to apply.

tag
lessismore2014
Frequent Contributor

Re: I Want a NFCU cashrewards card, but scared to apply.

Lynette is correct, I want to apply for a personal loan for home improvements and to pay off installment loan I already have. I want the CC to build credit. I don't have a major bank card except for Orchard and they haven't even reported it yet to CRB.

Message 11 of 14
ShootingStar
Regular Contributor

txjohn -- which card do you suggest w/ NFCU for a very high starting CL?  I've been a member of theirs for a few years now, but don't "actively" use them (I keep a few $$$ in savings with them), and I'm thinking of applying for one of their CCs now -- my scores are good, no baddies.  Any thoughts?

Many thanks!

"It's myFICO and I can cry if I want to!"

Starting Score January 1, 2010: 640
Current Scores Updated Sept. 6, 2011: EQ: 765 / TU: 778 / EX PLUS: 773
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

"Working my way up!" Smiley Wink
Message 12 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

This is sort of an older thread, and it appears that txjohn has moved on. I'm hoping that others will reply.

I got the cashrewards card, and they gave me $25K without blinking.

I'm underwhelmed by their rewards overall, but I consider their high CL's and especially the current 0%, $0 fee BT their rewards. hth

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 14
ShootingStar
Regular Contributor

Thanks, HTSU!  I was running searches on the topic and FAILED to notice the date!  But your feedback helps -- was uncertain which card to shoot for.  I notice, too, that many apply for NavCheck LOC, etc. at the same time -- not sure if I really need all that. 

Another quandary -- I had an AmEx back in the early 90's and they've been attempting to recruit me once again.  Should I apply for AmEx first, then NFCU -- or does it really matter?  I've heard that AmEx will often base the CL on other CL's, etc.

Haven't applied for anything in a VERY long time as I was waiting for the pristine CR to reappear.  So now I'm forming a game plan!  Smiley Happy

"It's myFICO and I can cry if I want to!"

Starting Score January 1, 2010: 640
Current Scores Updated Sept. 6, 2011: EQ: 765 / TU: 778 / EX PLUS: 773
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

"Working my way up!" Smiley Wink
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.