Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Will Do ANYTHING

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I Will Do ANYTHING

To get my credit UP UP and ON ITS WAY....

My lowest score is with EQ for 495..About two and a half years ago it was 590 from about 520 after opening up about 5 new CC accounts. Today the accounts look like this:

Aspire Owe $1000/Limit $1050
Fingerhut Owe $325/Limit $450
First Premier Owe $325/Limit $350
CapOne Owe $190/Limit $200
Macys Owe $245/ Limit $300
Target Owe $190 Limit $200 (Late Once in Jan 2008)

Now I have seen people on the forum whose scores jumped from like 550 to 670 in about 3 months. My utilization is about 89% which I plan on paying down to 50% on June 20th and down to 25% in July. Does anyone has any idea what this will do. I need to get my score up to about 630 by March 2009. I have about $1000 worth of collections that I can pay or send letters on. I am desperate and willing to do anything regardless of what it cost me.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I Will Do ANYTHING

where are you ? Miami ? De donde eres ? Colombia ?
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why do you ask? I am in Philadelphia, born and raised.
Message 3 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Start taking care of those collections and getting those accounts to below 9% util and you will see your 620 I would bet a house on it.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks..I am really excited..I never really worried about credit because I did not know how valuable it is. When people are always saying no to you and you pay double the interest on a car loan than someone else does, you start to pay it more attention.

I have small collection accounts. Nothing worth sending a letter on..unless I can get it removed. Like Newport News for $140..I would rather pay it but if I can get it removed because they have nothing but my name why not.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi Creditaddict -

when you say to start taking care of those collections....how do you suggest doing that? Just paying them.....or not paying them unless she sign a PFD?

My problem is that I have a couple of collection accounts....but I disputing them...cause I have no idea what they are.....& I am so confused on what direction to take.....I could pay them....but that would do nothing for my FICO...cause they are still going to be around until they drop at the end of 2010.

I could do a PFD.....but if they are not mine....then it just does not seem right!

I wrote a dispute letter about 3 weeks ago to EQ.....still waiting to hear something back....they are still listed as being disputed on my online EQ report....I would love to just get some feedback on those accounts soon!
Message 6 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I dispute first, if they delete, then don't worry about it, if they come back then I would call creditor and see about pay and delete, if they won't delete, still might be good idea to pay.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they do not delete....I was told to send them a DV to the CA.
I was told to send another type of letter to the CC.

If they could validate these accounts....do you think i would have heard something already? Or do usually wait til the last sec?
Message 8 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

well disputing through credit reports takes a full 30 days to see if they answer and then mail time to send updates out with your credit report.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

ugghhhh i was hoping to hear something sooner.....one CA got back to me in a week of the dispute letter being sent to EQ.....they wanted to settle....just want this stuff over with Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.