Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am LOVING Chase right now!

tag
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

I am LOVING Chase right now!

So I just got my Freedom (today, actually) and got the 10,000 points ($100) when you spend $500 in the first three months. Well, another member pointed out there is a 30,000 ($300) bonus going right now.

So I sent a secured message from my online account, asking if they would honor the $300 offer. Just got a message back saying the 20,000 points (or $200) has just been credited to my account and is available for redemption NOW, and my original offer will still stand as long as I spend $500 in 90 days. 

Basically, Chase just gave me $200 for getting their card. Smiley Very Happy

Photobucket
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I am LOVING Chase right now!

@FloridaState12 wrote:

Basically, Chase just gave me $200 for getting their card. Smiley Very Happy

Cool!

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice!

Message 3 of 23
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Thanks!

I was expecting them to honor the offer, but wasn't expecting that they would immediately give me $200 when I haven't even used the card yet lol

Photobucket
Message 4 of 23
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

That's great! It's really nice of them to do that. Free money! Smiley Tongue

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 5 of 23
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

That's great! It's really nice of them to do that. Free money! Smiley Tongue

Heck yes! I mean, I'm going to spend the $500 anyway, but this way I don't have to wait. I already cashed out those puppies; $200 check is headed my way! Smiley Very Happy

Photobucket
Message 6 of 23
Datx
Valued Contributor

Congrats! I also just got my new Freedom card today too, and just waiting to hear back to see if they will switch me to the $300 cash back offer. How do you like your new Freedom card? I kinda like the color and looks of it. Maybe since its just a new card, lol. I got this in my wallet now since its now become my daily use card. Going to try and use it heavily, PIF and see if they show some auto CLI loving around the 6 month mark or so.

Message 7 of 23
Guava
Established Contributor

Nice! Congrats, not bad at all of Chase

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 23
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@Datx wrote:

Congrats! I also just got my new Freedom card today too, and just waiting to hear back to see if they will switch me to the $300 cash back offer. How do you like your new Freedom card? I kinda like the color and looks of it. Maybe since its just a new card, lol. I got this in my wallet now since its now become my daily use card. Going to try and use it heavily, PIF and see if they show some auto CLI loving around the 6 month mark or so.

Yeah I like the looks of the card, but as someone pointed out in a different thread, I think the card feels a little cheap. It seems thinner than my other cards for some reason. 

And my plan is the same as yours! Going to use it a lot, especially for the 5% categories and hope I get a CLI in the coming months. Congrats on getting your card, and I'm sure Chase will do the same for you as they did for me! It took a few hours for an answer, but it was woth the wait. Smiley Tongue

Photobucket
Message 9 of 23
JustMe77
Frequent Contributor

They did the same thing to me, within hours of my email to them. Pretty cool Smiley Happy I had already spent the first $500 to get $200, and they gave me a $100 worth of points right after I asked about the $300 offer.

Current Cards: Banana Republic Visa ($5,300), Chase Freedom ($2,000), Discover It ($11,500), Amex Costco True Earnings ($5,000), Chase Slate ($2,500)
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.