cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am above NFCU's 80k max secured limit? I didn't think they allowed that.

Get your FICO Score for free

No credit card required

Aim_High
Senior Contributor

Re: I am above NFCU's 80k max secured limit? I didn't think they allowed that.

I found another reference from March of this year at >THIS< link ... 



Length of Credit > 39 years; Total Credit Limits > $700K
AoOA > 29 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Oct 2022)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 11 of 24
KillingThemGingerly
New Contributor

Re: I am above NFCU's 80k max secured limit? I didn't think they allowed that.


@Aim_High wrote:

I found another reference from March of this year at >THIS< link ... 


Wow thanks everyone, lots and lots of examples of them letting people go over the 80k then quickly reigning it back in. I am happy with 80k overall limit, way more than enough. 

I wonder if they let you spread the 80 across the 3 cards however you please. Thinking I'd go:

Flagship: 40k

More Rewards: 25k

GoRewards: 15k

 

Honestly might try PCing the GoRewards into a CashRewards if they let me. 

Message 12 of 24
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: I am above NFCU's 80k max secured limit? I didn't think they allowed that.

Shouldn't they raise that to $100k since the dollar is only worth like 80% now?

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $400k unsecured credit in 2022.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!


Message 13 of 24
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I am above NFCU's 80k max secured limit? I didn't think they allowed that.

I have been over the 80k cap about four years ago and was called by an UW and stated I was over it and how I would like my limits adjusted to get under said cap of 80k in unsecured CC.  The chopping block is coming just how and when.  Rule is very much still in place.

NFCU Platinum 50k | NFCU More Rewards 30k | BofA Merrill+ 45k | BofA Premium Rewards 25k | Affinity FCU Cash Rewards 22.5K | CSP 40k | Chase Amazon Visa 20k | Chase Freedom Flex 5k | Chase IHG 1k | Chase Ritz 20k | AOD FCU 20k | FNBO Duck Unlimited 25k | PNC Cash Rewards 17.5k | Citi Premier 14k | Citi Custom Cash 31k | US Bank Alt Connect 20k | Union Bank Cash Rewards 15.5k | SECU 20k | Discover 20k | William Sonoma 30k | Farm Bureau 18.5k | Synovus Cash Rewards 18.5k | Regions Cash 14k | Truist Cash 10k | Penfed Cash Rewards 30k | Penfed Pathfinder 20k | 5/3rd Trio 10K | Amex Business Cash 25k | Amex Business Prime 20k | Amex Delta Business Platinum 10k | Amex Business Lowes 10k
Message 14 of 24
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I am above NFCU's 80k max secured limit? I didn't think they allowed that.


@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

Shouldn't they raise that to $100k since the dollar is only worth like 80% now?


Should possibly, but be silly as people are carrying more balances and as a result defaults are going up as well so wouldn't likely be a fiscal responsible move in the current economic situation of inflation, recessions either here or coming, etc. 

NFCU Platinum 50k | NFCU More Rewards 30k | BofA Merrill+ 45k | BofA Premium Rewards 25k | Affinity FCU Cash Rewards 22.5K | CSP 40k | Chase Amazon Visa 20k | Chase Freedom Flex 5k | Chase IHG 1k | Chase Ritz 20k | AOD FCU 20k | FNBO Duck Unlimited 25k | PNC Cash Rewards 17.5k | Citi Premier 14k | Citi Custom Cash 31k | US Bank Alt Connect 20k | Union Bank Cash Rewards 15.5k | SECU 20k | Discover 20k | William Sonoma 30k | Farm Bureau 18.5k | Synovus Cash Rewards 18.5k | Regions Cash 14k | Truist Cash 10k | Penfed Cash Rewards 30k | Penfed Pathfinder 20k | 5/3rd Trio 10K | Amex Business Cash 25k | Amex Business Prime 20k | Amex Delta Business Platinum 10k | Amex Business Lowes 10k
Message 15 of 24
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: I am above NFCU's 80k max secured limit? I didn't think they allowed that.

This happened to me as well.  I'd expect a CLD on the card that you just got a CLI on...

 

...and mine was an auto CLI...  smiley-laughing021.gif




12/01/22 Fico 8: EX 753, EQ 770, TU 768.
11/04/22 Fico 9: EX 753, EQ 753, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 16 of 24
KillingThemGingerly
New Contributor

Re: I am above NFCU's 80k max secured limit? I didn't think they allowed that.


@CreditCuriosity wrote:

I have been over the 80k cap about four years ago and was called by an UW and stated I was over it and how I would like my limits adjusted to get under said cap of 80k in unsecured CC.  The chopping block is coming just how and when.  Rule is very much still in place.


Wait, did I read that right? You were over the 80k limit for four years before you received a phone call about correcting it?

Message 17 of 24
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I am above NFCU's 80k max secured limit? I didn't think they allowed that.


@KillingThemGingerly wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

I have been over the 80k cap about four years ago and was called by an UW and stated I was over it and how I would like my limits adjusted to get under said cap of 80k in unsecured CC.  The chopping block is coming just how and when.  Rule is very much still in place.


Wait, did I read that right? You were over the 80k limit for four years before you received a phone call about correcting it?


No sorry if I wrote to be confusing as just awoke when typed it.  It was about 4-5 years ago I believe they realized I was above the max of 80k.  Took them 2-4 weeks to realize it and then give me a call to reduce CL's as I saw fit to be at 80k.

NFCU Platinum 50k | NFCU More Rewards 30k | BofA Merrill+ 45k | BofA Premium Rewards 25k | Affinity FCU Cash Rewards 22.5K | CSP 40k | Chase Amazon Visa 20k | Chase Freedom Flex 5k | Chase IHG 1k | Chase Ritz 20k | AOD FCU 20k | FNBO Duck Unlimited 25k | PNC Cash Rewards 17.5k | Citi Premier 14k | Citi Custom Cash 31k | US Bank Alt Connect 20k | Union Bank Cash Rewards 15.5k | SECU 20k | Discover 20k | William Sonoma 30k | Farm Bureau 18.5k | Synovus Cash Rewards 18.5k | Regions Cash 14k | Truist Cash 10k | Penfed Cash Rewards 30k | Penfed Pathfinder 20k | 5/3rd Trio 10K | Amex Business Cash 25k | Amex Business Prime 20k | Amex Delta Business Platinum 10k | Amex Business Lowes 10k
Message 18 of 24
KillingThemGingerly
New Contributor

Re: I am above NFCU's 80k max secured limit? I didn't think they allowed that.


@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@KillingThemGingerly wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

I have been over the 80k cap about four years ago and was called by an UW and stated I was over it and how I would like my limits adjusted to get under said cap of 80k in unsecured CC.  The chopping block is coming just how and when.  Rule is very much still in place.


Wait, did I read that right? You were over the 80k limit for four years before you received a phone call about correcting it?


No sorry if I wrote to be confusing as just awoke when typed it.  It was about 4-5 years ago I believe they realized I was above the max of 80k.  Took them 2-4 weeks to realize it and then give me a call to reduce CL's as I saw fit to be at 80k.


Upon rereading, I don't think it was confusing as I just awoke myself when I read it and I think I read it wrong. 

I went ahead and sent NFCU a secured message letting them know I think I inadvertently went above the maximum secured credit limit and to get ahead could I reallocate my 80k over three cards in any way I wish. I also asked to confirm this wouldn't mess with my intro bonus offer on the Flagship. 

Message 19 of 24
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: I am above NFCU's 80k max secured limit? I didn't think they allowed that.


@KillingThemGingerly wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@KillingThemGingerly wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

I have been over the 80k cap about four years ago and was called by an UW and stated I was over it and how I would like my limits adjusted to get under said cap of 80k in unsecured CC.  The chopping block is coming just how and when.  Rule is very much still in place.


Wait, did I read that right? You were over the 80k limit for four years before you received a phone call about correcting it?


No sorry if I wrote to be confusing as just awoke when typed it.  It was about 4-5 years ago I believe they realized I was above the max of 80k.  Took them 2-4 weeks to realize it and then give me a call to reduce CL's as I saw fit to be at 80k.


Upon rereading, I don't think it was confusing as I just awoke myself when I read it and I think I read it wrong. 

I went ahead and sent NFCU a secured message letting them know I think I inadvertently went above the maximum secured credit limit and to get ahead could I reallocate my 80k over three cards in any way I wish. I also asked to confirm this wouldn't mess with my intro bonus offer on the Flagship. 


It won't affect your SUB, but as far as allocating as you wish, not sure. They may just let you pick which card to take the CLD on.


Last App: 9/22/2022
American Express Platinum Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:




Current FICO 8 scores:


Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.