cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am above NFCU's 80k max secured limit? I didn't think they allowed that.

tag
KillingThemGingerly
Contributor

Re: I am above NFCU's 80k max secured limit? I didn't think they allowed that.

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@KillingThemGingerly wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

I have been over the 80k cap about four years ago and was called by an UW and stated I was over it and how I would like my limits adjusted to get under said cap of 80k in unsecured CC.  The chopping block is coming just how and when.  Rule is very much still in place.

Wait, did I read that right? You were over the 80k limit for four years before you received a phone call about correcting it?

No sorry if I wrote to be confusing as just awoke when typed it.  It was about 4-5 years ago I believe they realized I was above the max of 80k.  Took them 2-4 weeks to realize it and then give me a call to reduce CL's as I saw fit to be at 80k.

Upon rereading, I don't think it was confusing as I just awoke myself when I read it and I think I read it wrong. 

I went ahead and sent NFCU a secured message letting them know I think I inadvertently went above the maximum secured credit limit and to get ahead could I reallocate my 80k over three cards in any way I wish. I also asked to confirm this wouldn't mess with my intro bonus offer on the Flagship. 

It won't affect your SUB, but as far as allocating as you wish, not sure. They may just let you pick which card to take the CLD on.

I guess we will find out! I sent them a Secure Message asking to reallocate my 80k over all my cards in a way of my choosing. 

Message 21 of 24
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@KillingThemGingerly wrote:   I guess we will find out! I sent them a Secure Message asking to reallocate my 80k over all my cards in a way of my choosing.

Keep us informed of the outcome, @KillingThemGingerlySmiley Happy

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 22 of 24
KillingThemGingerly
Contributor

@Aim_High wrote:

@KillingThemGingerly wrote:   I guess we will find out! I sent them a Secure Message asking to reallocate my 80k over all my cards in a way of my choosing.

Thanks for the input everyone. NFCU responded today to my secure message that I sent yesterday and said I had indeed gone over the 80k maximum unsecured limit. They told me they reallocated my 80k over the three cards the way I requested effective immediately (40k FlagShip, 30k MoreRewards, and 10k GoRewards). Good outcome! I think messaging them to get ahead of it was a wise choice. 

Message 23 of 24
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Aim_High wrote:

Thanks for the input everyone. NFCU responded today to my secure message that I sent yesterday and said I had indeed gone over the 80k maximum unsecured limit. They told me they reallocated my 80k over the three cards the way I requested effective immediately (40k FlagShip, 30k MoreRewards, and 10k GoRewards). Good outcome! I think messaging them to get ahead of it was a wise choice. 

Excellent, thank you for the DP!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.