Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am amazed they made td credit card worse

tag
sarge12
Senior Contributor

I am amazed they made td credit card worse

As hard as it is to believe they changed the website for TD credit card...and actually made it worse. I would never have believed that possible...but they did that. On the old site, I could not get QFX files to work in quicken, so I was downloading it in QIF format and directing it to the right account. Now they removed the QIF download option. Took me an hour to even figure out how to get on the website. Adding the measley 1% rewards, and this might be the worst card I have ever seen. I am going to remove the small recurring charge for hulu and SD this card until they finally are merciful enough to close the lousy card. I think I got 200 dollar start up bonus when I got the card, but they would have to pay me more to ever open another one like it. The new website interface is just horrible, and the old one was already bad.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: I am amazed they made td credit card worse

@sarge12 wrote:

As hard as it is to believe they changed the website for TD credit card...and actually made it worse. I would never have believed that possible...but they did that. On the old site, I could not get QFX files to work in quicken, so I was downloading it in QIF format and directing it to the right account. Now they removed the QIF download option. Took me an hour to even figure out how to get on the website. Adding the measley 1% rewards, and this might be the worst card I have ever seen. I am going to remove the small recurring charge for hulu and SD this card until they finally are merciful enough to close the lousy card. I think I got 200 dollar start up bonus when I got the card, but they would have to pay me more to ever open another one like it. The new website interface is just horrible, and the old one was already bad.

I know you don't mind keeping track of SD accounts, but there is the option of just closing it to prevent any fraudulent charges between now and the time of a closure for inactivity.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 22
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@sarge12 wrote:

I know you don't mind keeping track of SD accounts, but there is the option of just closing it to prevent any fraudulent charges between now and the time of a closure for inactivity.

Yes and I might do that with that sorry card, even though I am normally saying to not close a card with no AF. I might can also freeze it, if I can get over my not wanting to go back on the site, I might see if freezing it is an option. The only option I have already decided for sure, is the will not use it option...they are making credit one look good. It was already my most hated card, so I would have swore they could not make it worse...I would have been wrong, because they can and did.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
Message 3 of 22
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I would just close it if you don't see yourself getting use out of it. One less thing to deal with or check for fraud.

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Horrible bank, they issue the Samsung credit line and their a pain....

Message 5 of 22
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@sarge12 wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

@sarge12 wrote:

Yes and I might do that with that sorry card, even though I am normally saying to not close a card with no AF. I might can also freeze it, if I can get over my not wanting to go back on the site, I might see if freezing it is an option. The only option I have already decided for sure, is the will not use it option...they are making credit one look good. It was already my most hated card, so I would have swore they could not make it worse...I would have been wrong, because they can and did.

I could see someone hating the Citi AA Executive because of poor customer service from Citi, nerfs, etc...but finding the Admirals Club benefit and EQM bonus too good to drop the card.

But TD is a no-frills cash back card.

Since the card doesn't serve a functional purpose, you ultimately have to weigh the entertainment value you find in the card as a "collectible" against the increased effort in monitoring it.

There are some hobbies where frustration, or at least difficulty, can be necessary in certain amounts for the overall experience to be enjoyable. I like cryptic crosswords. With credit, a few mishaps are part of getting bonuses, but otherwise I think it's a hobby that should flow smoothly.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 6 of 22
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It says a lot about TD Bank that there has not been a rush of defenders coming forward to defend them and say that I am just not being fair in my critisizm. Even Credit One has its defenders, if TD bank sees this, they should think about that. No wonder they had to offer such an attractive SUB to get anybody to get their card.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

My main checking account is with TD Bank, mainly because I travel from one side of the state I live in to the other often, and they have one of the only consistent presences state wide.

With that said, the only time I can get good customer service is if I go in person. Anything I've tried over the phone has gone terrible. When I first got their card, I figured the website would be passable and they'd have some sort of app, as they have mediocore versions of each for their banking products. I agree their CC website is a nightmare. I haven't tried this new one as I SD the card and run spend through it every two months or so.
Message 8 of 22
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@sarge12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It says a lot about TD Bank that there has not been a rush of defenders coming forward to defend them and say that I am just not being fair in my critisizm. Even Credit One has its defenders, if TD bank sees this, they should think about that. No wonder they had to offer such an attractive SUB to get anybody to get their card.

TD Bank is clueless. Beyond their signup bonuses, they have nothing to offer.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 9 of 22
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My main checking account is with TD Bank, mainly because I travel from one side of the state I live in to the other often, and they have one of the only consistent presences state wide.

With that said, the only time I can get good customer service is if I go in person. Anything I've tried over the phone has gone terrible. When I first got their card, I figured the website would be passable and they'd have some sort of app, as they have mediocore versions of each for their banking products. I agree their CC website is a nightmare. I haven't tried this new one as I SD the card and run spend through it every two months or so.

After the first sentence, I had hopes that finally somebody was posting to defend their crappy card and website. Reading the next paragraph however revealed it to be false hope that such happy customers exist.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.