cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am officially in love....with Discover!

tag
codimom
Frequent Contributor

I am officially in love....with Discover!

3 cheers for Fraud alerts!  Just got a phone call from Discover...seems someone was trying to use my discover card at walmart.com this morning at 4am.  nope not me. I've been under the weather for a week and have barely been online...much less shopping.

so yay for them catching the fraud

boo that i have to wait so long for my new cards.

but thats 300 bucks I won't be paying

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CreditHammer

Re: I am officially in love....with Discover!

@codimom wrote:

3 cheers for Fraud alerts!  Just got a phone call from Discover...seems someone was trying to use my discover card at walmart.com this morning at 4am.  nope not me. I've been under the weather for a week and have barely been online...much less shopping.

so yay for them catching the fraud

boo that i have to wait so long for my new cards.

but thats 300 bucks I won't be paying

If only i could get in with Discover! Glad you're have a good experiance with them Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 8
codimom
Frequent Contributor

I almost didn't app with them.... but decided WTH and went for it... now I"m so happy i did!!!

Back in the garden!
Message 3 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 8
Richierichdollar
New Contributor

How did they know it was not you that made to purchase. I just would like to know since I am also a discover card holder.

Message 5 of 8
CreditHammer

@Richierichdollar wrote:

How did they know it was not you that made to purchase. I just would like to know since I am also a discover card holder.

They usually know because its a purchase made far away from where the cardholder resides.. Example: Cardholder buys a soda at 7-11 i New York at 4:00 on a sunday afternoon and then 20 mionutes later a purchase is attempted in California.. Well, if you were just at 7-11 in New York then you couldn't possibly have been in California 20 mnutes later

Message 6 of 8
codimom
Frequent Contributor

i dont know for sure... my assumption is that since it was walmart.com and not the actual store. Plus it was 4 in the morning.  both are out of character for my spending habits with them.  They verified the last real charges I made... what makes me 'nervous' is that the last place i used that card online was through the discover stores to buy my mother her mothers day gift! 

they are going to send me an email with more information, and then i'll call them to go over it all.

of course, paranoid me I tried to sign into my discover online account to see if its been compromised... and they've revolked access.  so all i can think of is that yup it was real.

Back in the garden!
Message 7 of 8
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Sometime they sent to a strange address ......that's why they recognize...
Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.