cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I asked Dell to please update my info to the CRA's...

tag
wndrwmn78
Frequent Contributor

I asked Dell to please update my info to the CRA's...

I remember a thread on here a while back about someone whose Dell (DFS) account was only updating monthly on EXP, and maybe quarterly on EFX and TU. I've noticed recently that this same issue is happening with my account. I guess I didn't notice it before because I was paying a little over the minimum for a while, and just these past few months have been paying it down more aggressively. When I emailed Dell to ask them why, and if they would be nice enough to update monthly with all three, they basically responded that although they report the credit info, the credit reports are the "property" of the bureaus (well duh) and that I would have to dispute with them.

Should I dispute? I hate disputing a positive account, but this is also affecting my UTIL! Smiley Sad

Starting Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Current Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Goal Score: 750 both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: I asked Dell to please update my info to the CRA's...

I would call back Dell and speak to a supervisor and ask them what the reporting procedure is. If a supervisor doesn't know you will have to try to get to someone in charge of reporting. My understanding is that DSF is pretty flakey.
Message 2 of 3
wndrwmn78
Frequent Contributor

Re: I asked Dell to please update my info to the CRA's...

Thanks credit, that's a good idea. I don't buy the whole "The CRA's do what they will with the info" considering they are clearly reporting unevenly to them...

Starting Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Current Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Goal Score: 750 both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.