Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I asked four times. They said sp

tag
dho
Valued Member

I asked four times. They said sp

Called Macy's for a cli. I asked the rep 4 times if it was a soft pull. She said yes each time. Just to find out today it was a hard pull. The rep sounded janky though...I'm really upset. Anyway I can dispute this? I will never request a cli again.

Starting Score: 595
Current Score: 649
Goal Score: 712

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I asked four times. They said sp

You really should put in your homework before blindly trusting a CSR. Unfortunately, you learned this the hard way.

In the fine print on your card terms I'm sure it gave them permission if you proceeded with a CLI to HP you -- whether or not they said SP or HP.

The good news? It's just one HP -- not going to do much damage. Hope it it was a good one though!
Message 2 of 9
dho
Valued Member

Yes, so no disputes. Oh well, gardening starts over again.

Message 3 of 9
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Had a similar situation with my HH Gregg/GECRB card and talked with a senior person in credit services and they agreed to send a request to the CRB for removal of the HP.  Confirmed today that the notification/request had been sent, but still waiting for it to be removed.  Apparently it takes up to 90 days for that to happen.  Bottom line, it can be done if they want to do it for you.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 4 of 9
dho
Valued Member

Maybe I'll make a fuss. Dont have the energy for this.

Message 5 of 9
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Nope. Any time you ask for credit (new account or CLI), they have the right to HP you. 

Plus don't expect rep to understand the difference between HP or SP. In fact most American don't either.

Message 6 of 9
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

I lock my credit report for this reason. 

There can be no accidental HP.   They can SP all they want but if a HP is initiated it won't happen.

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 7 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Ironic that a hundred of us where repeatedly told hp hp hp and we did cli anyway and it was sp and you were told sp and they did hp!

you pull your EX today to see the hp?

you have just regular store card?

how long?

what cli did you get?

Message 8 of 9
enharu
Super Contributor

Call customer service and ask to be transfered to a credit analyst (or the department that processes CLI requests in general). Explain what happened. If you're lucky and got a nice person on the other end, they can put in a request to remove the HP from your CR. The process will take about 4-8 weeks for your CR to be updated. You can always give it several tries before finally giving up. Other than that, you will have to live with that inquiry for the next 2 years.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.