Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I bit the bullet and applied for the pre-qualified offer for nordstrom cc

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

I bit the bullet and applied for the pre-qualified offer for nordstrom cc

Hi everyone I took a chance questioning even if I could get this card and went online just now and applied as I recieved this offer in the mail and it stated congratulations welcome to the nordstrom family stating my card should arrive in the next 7-10 days but it did not mention an amout of cl need advice should I call the 800 number and ask I am afraid of the response and questioning myself did i make a bad move. But my last thread stated this was a good card.  Thanks

my equifax was checked as a prm

EQ 685

last EX 694

TU 711

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I bit the bullet and applied for the pre-qualified offer for nordstrom cc

You can call in and ask aboutyour recent application, I don't think this will be any problem.  Whether they provide you the information you want is another thing.  Sometimes you get "approved" but the limit is decided after the approval....meaning, yes you get a card, but the reason nothing was stated and the 10 days is that your account will be issued a limit after approval and then you are notified of limit with the card.

Message 2 of 7
tray
Valued Contributor

Hi, thanks for the advice I called the 1-800 number on the letter spoke with a represtative and I was told my cl is $750.00. Well it is a start as this economy is not doing well as it is and with good payment history VISA here I come.

Message 3 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats. It is a good start.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

A large Nordstrom CL would probably scare other lenders, especially prime banks at this point in your credit. 

Congrats on the new account and good luck!

Message 5 of 7
thebostonredsox
Regular Contributor

Tray -

How many accounts do you currently have? How old is your newest account? How many inquiries did you have on EQ?

Message 6 of 7
tray
Valued Contributor

Hi thebostonredsox, I have 5 open accounts with some closed payed as agreed accounts, only my EQ report was pulled which cost me a 7 point score drop 685 to 678 now hopefully no more.  My newest account was in Oct of 08 with B&N mastercard Barclays and I had 2 inquiries  last one being in May of 08.  Further, I have 4 accounts just opened within last year of 08.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.