cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't find my APR in the WAMU website - anybody know where it's at?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't find my APR in the WAMU website - anybody know where it's at?

On the WAMU credit card account website, I can't find anywhere where it says what your APR is. (I can find it on the Discover website.)

Anyone know where it is on WAMU (or if it is there?)

[I do mean after logging in for my personal account - not referring to a credit card offer.]

Thanks.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: I can't find my APR in the WAMU website - anybody know where it's at?

I don't have a WaMu, but if you have the option to click on "statements", try that. They usually come up in PDF form, and if you slide down, somewhere around page two, you'll usually find it. HTH
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is really the only complaint I have with WaMu (aside from their horrendous customer service).

There are no online statements!!! (And it's 2008 as I write this.)

HTSU's answer will work with most lenders, but unfortunately with WaMu the only place to see your APR is on the paper statement they mail to you.

Oh yeah, they don't even allow you to request that they stop mailing them to you, either.

Message Edited by cheddar on 04-06-2008 06:27 PM
Message 3 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Wow, WaMu, welcome to the 21st century!

On some cards, you can go to the CCC site and pretend that you are app'ing for that card, and click on the terms and see what they say, but so many people get special tweaked deals that that probably won't work either.

What a weird bank!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

it's not there, they specifically say to check your statement. It's strange, they have such an innovative feature like the monthly checkup on your TU score, then they dont even put something as basic as your rate on the website. Strange.
Message 5 of 12
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

Why don't we all start sending WAMU emails every month asking when they will implement online statements? ALL of their competitors offer this feature, why not them?
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I just found out that my interest rate is 14.99% (I called and asked). Oh and that they do not process any CLI unless they are the automatic ones that the "system" will recognize and approve. They don't allow requests.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just thought while we're putting WAMU down a bit that I sold a musical instrument for $3000 to pay my account entirely (had been 30 days late twice, but never in the last year). I was rewarded with a lower credit limit, which in turn hurt my utilization ratio and my FICO dropped instantly.

What a nice thank you!
Message 8 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
I just thought while we're putting WAMU down a bit that I sold a musical instrument for $3000 to pay my account entirely (had been 30 days late twice, but never in the last year). I was rewarded with a lower credit limit, which in turn hurt my utilization ratio and my FICO dropped instantly.
What a nice thank you!

Ouch, sorry to hear that! It sounds like they're chasing balances.

This is how a CCC shoves you out semi-gently. Instead of just closing your account, and risking you walking away without paying, they drop your CL every time you pay, moving it lower and lower, until you're finally squeezed out.

If they drop your limit again next month, I would assume that they're closing you out. When you get to where you can pay the whole thing off, I would pay and then immediately close it out, before they can. This way, it will show as "closed by consumer" on your reports, which looks better to other creditors.

But first confirm that they really are doing this to you on subsequent statements. Sounds ominous, though.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did pay that account off completely in one swoop - they only lowered the credit limit that one time, and all's been good since that. Just a shame my FICO had to drop because I finally took responsibility for my credit!

Thanks all.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.