Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't get my cards to report zero

tag
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: I can't get my cards to report zero update: please help

yes I've been carrying a balance for years wihout new charges.  Paid off balance.  Must have card report zero for maximum points per MYFICO forum advice.  3 will report zero, one will report 3%.

If this one shows even a dollar balance, I don't get all the points I could if it had a zero balance, as FICO scores how many carry balances AND overall utility.

Boy I sure didn't mean to confuse anyone. 

BTW, what I did was have JCP fax a zero balance letter to LO.  Finally talked to supervisor also.  Got billpay set up thru credit union but who knows if it will make it.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good work!  Hope it all works out perfectly.

Just for the record, now that your account is paid off, you will not have that problem.  Now when you charge and PIF, you will not have the same interest problem.

One of the benefits of store cards, like JCPenney, is that they can be great long-term accounts.  You can keep 'em open for life and they'll help your AAofA for a long time.

Message 22 of 26
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Thanks Beam.  Yes I'm keeping JCP for sure.  All my 2001 student loans are set to fall off in September of this year.  It's like 7 or 8 accounts.  My AAoA is going down the toilet here right quick.

Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know its well after lots of talk on the issue, but some ideas on the card payment...

if you have access to a JCP cant you pay it at the store? however that said, i do not know when that would credit your account, i am not sure if it is instant.

paying your bill online, i do believe, as i pay all my bills online that in small print it usually says something about paying by 5:00 EST/CST etc that the payment will post the same day. one of those nice things about paying online, if you have that setup it is a great tool when you pay on the billers website. i am with USAA and the billpay system through them takes about 4 days on some accounts depending on electronic connections between USAA and biller.

i understand the situation you are in, i have been reading your posts all over the board and see what you are trying to accomplish and you are coming a long way in such a short period of time..take MV advice and take a breather! my anxiety just increased ten fold when i read your post LOL - i am dying to see what happens in the end and i really REALLY hope all your hard work comes through in the end and you achieve your goal!! i myself am in the midst of hopefully refinancing my home to build an addition and i just paid of 17k in CC debt 7 days ago and am dying to see what happens, i have already seen a 10 point increase in my score from scorewatch. i need to follow the 12-step program and take a breather myself! anyways, as i digress - much luck to you, my fingers and toes are crossed for you!!

Message 24 of 26
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Hi MJS- Yep that's a good idea to go to the store, but it's pretty far from where I live, and I'd hate for them to tell me I don't have a balance so they can't take money. 

I know I'm all over the board - hopefully things will settle soon - Once my scores come back after the rapid rescore I will stop my over-posting-frantic-ways.  Well, unless the deal falls thru and I have to keep looking.  Smiley Sad

Message 25 of 26
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Phew.  JCP statements closed and there was a 15 dollar credit on that account.  I can't get the e-statement yet (Probably because they just printed 36 minutes ago).

Thank goodness.  Now let's just hope JCP reports ASAP.

Thanks everyone.  3 down, 1 to go.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.