Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't stand the wait!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I can't stand the wait!!

Well, regarding your question, I don't know. When I came to this country, I was already in my 40's. I got my first cc one year after arrival, and then I didn't think about credit for many years. So much lost time. I got the next batch of 4 accounts between 2 and 1½ years ago, and this brought my AAoA down to just above a year. As I obtained Amex, Discover, Chase and Alliant at that point, I didn't want to make them too nervous. Now, I'm thinking of PenFed, but that has to wait till I get my greencard. I'd like to have Target or Macy's, but at this point, it looks so backwards.

If I could turn back time, I would have applied for stuff like Target or Macy's many years ago. Shoulda woulda...

Now I just have to wait, I guess. It's not always easy Smiley Wink.

Message 11 of 20
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When I came to this country, I was already in my 40's. I got my first cc one year after arrival, and then I didn't think about credit for many years. So much lost time.

I hear you. When I came to the US, I refused to obtain a CC for four years as I thought I didn't need one. I was raised by my parents to only buy what I can pay for. Hence, a CC seemed like an odd thing to me. Thankfully, I then got a PNC card, and after I had built enough history I got an Amex Delta which thankfully dated my account back to the opening date of my Delta Skymiles Account. Recently, I've added three substantial CC acounts to my portfolio which I now have to let age. The wait is long, I agree!

By the by, what does your greencard app have to do with not getting a Pen fed? Do they require you to be a permanent resident?

Message 12 of 20
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

how do you all do itSmiley Surprised

Don't get me wrong, it's fun to app. And when you get that card you feel empowered that you have good credit. If denied, it takes a hit on your ego.

For me, I pull both FICO reports before I app and again after it reports. Watching my FICO scores drop, as Hauling posted, is enough negative motivation to keep me away from those online forms. Plus, each time I add a CC, that's 6 months longer I have to wait before buying our first home. I can't afford TO app.

Message 13 of 20
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

Oh, creditaddict, you NEED to be patient! I know you can do it! If you're as patient as you are knowledgeable, you will surely prevail!

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wollepopolle wrote:
I hear you. When I came to the US, I refused to obtain a CC for four years as I thought I didn't need one. I was raised by my parents to only buy what I can pay for.

By the by, what does your greencard app have to do with not getting a Pen fed? Do they require you to be a permanent resident?

I still have my old cc from at home. That one must have been opened in the mid 80's. It's really unfortunate that it doesn't count for anything.

Regarding banks or CUs, they all want you to be permanent resident now. Even WF, whiere I have had my account for years, now started to ask. But my application is already with the administration, so let's see how long it will take. They already took the money Smiley Wink.

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

man, my 7.25 AAoA seems ancient after reading this thread and it's making me want to app!!! Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

man, my 7.25 AAoA seems ancient after reading this thread and it's making me want to app!!! Smiley Happy

Funny how reading this stuff and comparing yourself to others makes you want to app for more, isn't it?  I just had my app spree two months ago and surprisingly, the 3 new accts had almost no impact on my scores at all! Then I see how many apps creditaddict and condorduser have and it makes me think I haven't done enough...  It's frightening,  Jaystay, we need to be strong together and stay away from the apps!!!  Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

I get bored waiting to see other things change, gardening is just not as much fun as app spree! how do you all do itSmiley Surprised

What would you like to do other than apps for ccs?  Any sports?   Reading?  ... you are reading myFico forum is sure.   Smiley Very Happy

We all know it!

Me?  I have enough ccs already and does not need any more at this moment.  It's simple!    Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Bk was just shy of 8 years ago. I didn't know for 4 years that I could start rebuilding my credit before the BK disappeared from my records. I've done nothing but exactly what I interpret as straight down the line advice from this board. I haven't tried to buy a house but in any other arena, including the recession, my credit seems to be as repaired as I can imagine repaired can be. Available credit is going through the roof with no prompting of my own and I have some of the best rates for the current market. All you have to do is pay bills and push back from the "Enter" button. HAHhahahaha

I hope you're having fun thou.

BTW, thank all of you from the bottom of my heart.

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG Smiley Surprised

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.