Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can taste the Chase, now I'm sniffin' round at every place! Help me! 😜

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can taste the Chase, now I'm sniffin' round at every place! Help me! 😜

Okay. So beginning of Nov., Exp drops an inquiry, putting me at 4/24 (I think)?

Part One: Do only bank cards count? I have an almost 2 yr old Disc.(drops in Feb), a Citi DC, Nord VS, an Amazon prime (store, not bank, all got in April), and another almost 2yr old low end Comenity card (still stuck at $750, pfft). 🤨
Do store cards count? I just read on the DoC they don't! That'd RAWK if true!
I also have an Amex inq, but I had too many new cards, even at 798 Exp., and was declined. The Doc said inqs where no Bankcard was given don't count.
Only active Bankcard accts do. 😳
Also, 2 older store card are listed on Trans and Exp. Both drop in Nov, too.
With the drops, it would mean 4/5 Exp., 1/3 Trans., and 2/3 Eq.
I want my damned Chase CSP or CSR, and I want it now.
Or Nov. Whatever. 🙄 and like, ... if the Doc of Credit is right, I should be more than eligible already? Is that correct??? Cuz, ... 🤣😂😁👍
Also, my scores are still 740, 770, 780 (eq, trans, exp). That's like ... Reserve good, right??
Either/or, ... I need a good card for travel/points, etc.

Part Two: Also, I was thinking a second app wouldn't hurt! 2 new after 3 drop? One to drop in Feb. So, ...
I love those stupid Hyatt/IHG/Mariot co-branded biznitches, but you know, ... CHASE!
So, I was thinking Alaskan from BofA, Delta/Hilton from Amex, A new Discover - only miles, Cap1 Savor or Venture (my other Cap1 Ven was a PC, so, shouldn't count), or Citi has pre-approved that AA World Elite whatever in emails, but people don't get too many of like 1 bank, right? 🤔😐
Mmm, ...Prestige.

So, ... can I Chase the Saffire dragon yet?
And what other travel cards do you suggest (to travel to Japan Narita/Haneda/Kansai/whatever) at the start of Jan 2020? Oh, and I wanted the ANA/JAL (FNBO) cards, and know I've had 2 other "Firstbank" FNBO pre-app offers in mail, but the more I read online, most love CSP, Amex or Citi AA, etc to transfer points/miles like to Cathay Pacific (which has a card, too.) Or Singapore, etc. 🤯

Okayee. 😥 Lemme have it.
"Garden" they'll say! "Too soon, grow the garden!"
6 months in November! - she spat back.
Tee hee. 😋 😘

17 REPLIES 17
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: I can taste the Chase, now I'm sniffin' round at every place! Help me! 😜

Store cards that can be used elsewhere always count (i.e. Best Buy Visa) but YMMV on store cards that can only be used at a particular retailer (i.e. Kohl's).  AU cards, business cards that report on your personal credit report, and closed cards also count.  Your scores and existing credit lines should be fine for a CSR approval.  As for other travel cards, there are many ways to get to Japan.  Alaskan and Delta would be two that immediately come to mind.

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

The two most applauded online are CSR and Amex Plat.
Amex shows massive love for travel! And those lounges look bomb as all heck. Those AFs and SUBs for the higher Amex seem lil higher than others (like Delta or Gold), however it WILL be the Holidays... 🎅🎄🎁
Isn't there another brand with hugh airport lounges, too?
Like Delta, or United, whatever?
But, yes, ...those are my favorite choices so far, too! 😃
Message 3 of 18
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

All revolvers count.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless you travel a ton, the Amex Plat isn’t worth the fee. Maybe the first year but you have to actively work to get the return. Is it worth $500 a year to you? I said no and went gold. Maybe later platinum will make sense but for most it doesn’t. That fee eats away any extras you get with any other card. Keep that in mind. 

Chase Sapphire is the better deal. All the Chase cards are. Again, keep the fees in check. I got the Bonvoy for my “travel” card. I have my 3 other Chase cards for points and such. 

From experience, Chase relies heavy on Experian. 

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got this link while reading a post today on the new Cap1 Walmart card and it's points ...

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-524-rule-explained-detail-need-know/

The Chase requirements says store cards dont count (and it says at the top [updated] for 2019).
Also, if my one AU card wasn't almost 4 yrs old, ...it could still be called and reconsidered.
As for business, like only a couple Chase Ink Business cards count, others probably won't. He said you could have 20 business cards, and none may be listed, etc.
So, ... more confusion! ☹😖😭
Message 6 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Keep in mind that the DoC article, as with any other resource such as Reddit, is providing the information as guidance, not gospel.

Plenty of individuals have been denied with the 5/24 restriction which includes all revolvers from store CCs to PLOCs, etc. Just peruse through the forums for context. Can there be exceptions, sure. Some folks can circumvent the 5/24 restriction through an in-branch pre-approval in most cases.

So, if you want to roll the dice to see whether your particular situation is an exception, then you can definitely apply and see what it yields. If declined for 5/24, reconsideration is next to impossible
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, my mom uses her former SPG Business/ now Marriot Biz card every week for hotels and flights (we run a couple businesses)

But, essentially, my points from the SUBs (if met) are good, then instead of using her business card, I can put a couple local hotel trips on it before Jan '20, then I plan to go to Japan to establish some work stuff (and get more points) and return again later in Spring '20.
So, ... a travel saver. And a Chase.
I wish I could get a second ... 😥

But I agree. Until I'm ready for the AF to not be a pain in my azz, I like the Delta or plain gold Amex cards.
Marriot is another Chase card, unless it's business ... then Amex. Right? *chews her lip* 😬

I'm new to all this. 😊☺️😅
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, but in Nov, the dropped Inqs make all bureaus 4/24 or less.
So, at least one Chase. I hope. 😭
Message 9 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Just to add, the 5/24 restriction is not about inquiries (the latter can still be factored in the UW algorithm criteria though), it's about 5 (or more) new accounts opened in the past 24 months.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.