Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can taste the Chase, now I'm sniffin' round at every place! Help me! 😜

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: I can taste the Chase, now I'm sniffin' round at every place! Help me! 😜

@Anonymous wrote:
Okay, but in Nov, the dropped Inqs make all bureaus 4/24 or less.
So, at least one Chase. I hope. 😭

Remember, it's NOT inqs that matter.   It's whether there are new accounts, so as you said, unsuccessful apps don't count, whereas bank cards got without a hard inq, (such as Amex, or the GS Apple card), will count.    Since most cards report to all three bureaus, the actual CRBs used by Chase for the 5/24 check doesn't usually matter.

ETA: Finstar got there first!

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I checked that just in case. The other Inqs are for a Tesla powerwall and homeloan refi, and my new solar house mortgage last year.
Do mortgage refis count, too?
And the cards are all the same, except for the 2 Comenity store cards, they are actually 2 1/2 years old, but Eq and Trans are the two still reporting them. 🤔🙄😳
Since all but that Amazon Sync card are the same lists, and they all drop in Nov., I figured ... let it be.

Dunno. I'll complain if they somehow don't drop, but they both have me as 4/5 or 3/5. Experian has 5/5 without the Amex denial.
Oh, and how long does Amex keep the hard pull?
I heard it was a lil while. My score's about the same, but still ... 😜👍
One less pull reported is one less to count!
Plus, my Disc falls first week of Feb.
I check Exp and myFICO apps every couple weeks, and check the reports the give. But, ... can't hurt to wait and try.
And pray.
A lot.
🧚‍♂️👼🧚‍♀️
Message 12 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Mortgage loans/refinancing, student loans, personal loans, etc. do not count toward the 5/24 restriction.

So SYNCB cards will count, Comenity ones will too, basically any revolver that you have opened in the past 24 months.

As far as Hard Pulls, they remain on your CRAs for 2 years.
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, but others talk of Amex using your most recent pull instead if a hard pull again. Probably just for card holders, tho.
And I listed the Amz/Sync card in my first post as one of my 5. So, ... one drops, then 4. I hope.
I will see.
And if not, I can get 2 other travel cards.
I mean, ... I asked about travel card suggestions, and now I've got Delta, Alaska and Chase (if it can be done but I'm tired of raining on that parade).
F*** it.
Any two travel cards NON-CHASE would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/ultimate-guide-chase-5-24-rule/

This link agrees that some store cards will count, and if you go to 4/24 on one month, wait till the next month to apply.
So, I'll wait till December. Then try for another card if not.
Thanks.
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Regarding Marriott, Amex has the personal Marriott Bonvoy card. I don’t know if they offer a business version though, I’ve never looked.
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, it's the business card, but reminds me of the Bonvoy. Still has the business name and her name, tho.
I read through last night and both BofA travel and Alaska cards sound good. Venture is also good with like Hotels.com (I think, and I HAVE that card through PC, geez). The more you know. 🙄
I have pre-approved emails for FNBO First Bank and many HSBC, but I read through the forums, and they seem kinda stingy and strict about SLs.

I may get a business card, I just wanted to have a nice grouping of personal travel and point cards in case anything happens overseas.
I PC'd my Citi DP to a Rewards+ and got the DC new in April/May, and have no idea if it's too soon for another Citi card.
TD gave me the Nord VS, maybe try them? *sigh*. Dunno. I'd like to just shut down those small Comenity cards, the two 750 limit ones, but I'm not sure how that would change my FICO profile.
I also looked through my cards down an ascending list, seems 4 fall off Nov., 4 more in Feb.
I usually app a few every 6 mos to a year, so those all at once make sense.
*ramble ramble* I'll stop now. Shhhhh. 🤔🤭🤫
Message 17 of 18
NRB525
Super Contributor

You have the Chase Hyatt card already?
That earns quite similar to CSP. I would think you could do well with that. If you put $15k of spend on it in a cardmember year, you get an additional Hyatt Cat 4 night. Double points on dining, airfare, and more points at Hyatt’s, so a decent travel card you already have.

You are talking about a lot of cards, but stay focused on the CSR. It is one of the hardest to get if you app a lot, yet is one of the most flexible, usable travel cards. After you get CSR and use it for a while, then the other cards become more likely.

However it is still advisable to go slowly on the apps.
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.