Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I caved on Discover Pre-Screened offers

tag
brainysmurf
Contributor

I caved on Discover Pre-Screened offers

Discover's been sending me offers since my mortgage reported (almost a year now) I got one yesterday that seemed great. 14 months of 0%, and 9.9 after. 

Obviously those are the advertised 'best' rates, so I'm not sure what I'll actually get. I was looking at the 0 to maybe stretch out buying a MBP. My application was approved, but I have no idea what the terms are... APR / limit / intro period length. 

It's so hard to resist the urge to call in and find out the details. I want to come of as nonchalant; like I could take it or leave it...

EX / EQ / TU FICO
Start: ? / 633 / 621 March 2011
Current: 751 / 760 / 750 (PSECU, SW, QM)
My Wallet: Fidelity Amex 5k, NFCU CashRewards 10k,
SD: Barclays Apple 1.2k, Amex Zync NPSL, HomeDepot 1.2k
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
brainysmurf
Contributor

Re: I caved on Discover Pre-Screened offers

Oh, they have a tool to check status. 3k. I'll accept, since I've heard Discover tends to be a little stingy. 

But... Under your card's features it only lists the CL. Does this mean I didn't qualify for the 0% introductory? I would imagine that with a 3k limit I would get the intro offer... 

EX / EQ / TU FICO
Message 2 of 5
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

@brainysmurf wrote:

Oh, they have a tool to check status. 3k. I'll accept, since I've heard Discover tends to be a little stingy. 

But... Under your card's features it only lists the CL. Does this mean I didn't qualify for the 0% introductory? I would imagine that with a 3k limit I would get the intro offer... 

I believe if you are approved you automatically get the advertised offer. The only thing that may vary is the interest rate after the intro period is up. You should be getting some papers (and the card a litte after) that gives you the general info. If you don't get a paper with your credit score that means you were approved for the best possible rate. Congrats!

Message 3 of 5
brainysmurf
Contributor

@CC365 wrote:

I believe if you are approved you automatically get the advertised offer. The only thing that may vary is the interest rate after the intro period is up. You should be getting some papers (and the card a litte after) that gives you the general info. If you don't get a paper with your credit score that means you were approved for the best possible rate. Congrats!

Thanks! Is it bad that I'm so into credit scores that I see the line in red as a win/win? 

EX / EQ / TU FICO
Message 4 of 5
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

@brainysmurf wrote:

@CC365 wrote:

Thanks! Is it bad that I'm so into credit scores that I see the line in red as a win/win? 

Credit can be addicting but very rewarding. So in many ways enjoy the moment Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.