Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I closed 2 Sync

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I closed 2 Sync

Decided to close my Chevron Visa $5k and Marvel MC $6k tonight.

I think I am close to total exposure and I submitted for a CLI from $8k to $15k on my Walmart MC so wanted to try to bring it down a bit

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I closed 2 Sync

Congrats on trimming the fat.
Message 2 of 24
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 4 of 24
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Too bad that Synchrony Bank can't raise their threshold another $100,000.

I think many will agree that aside from their interest rates, Synchrony credit cards prove very useful and especially help card customers with swelling limits per (most) of their cards, (SP CLI's) which easily offset any utility especially with large purchases.

If not for the currently set overall max limit, it's sure they have another 5 card accounts that I would most definitely be putting to good use on a regular basis.

Message 5 of 24
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Unless you run a business I fail to see why one needs that much spending power.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a little confused.  You had a guaranteed $11k in two combined Visa and MCs.  You closed them down hoping to get a $7k increase on WalMart.  If your request is approved you still gave up $4k in spending power.  You could have used either card you closed at WalMart.  I'm thinking you get bored easily.  I got a call yesterday and did not answer because I did not recognize who it was.  Looked on the internet and found all kinds of answers but many said it was Synchrony.  I called back and it appears it was Synchrony.  The lady spoke plain English.  She asked me if the phone number I was using was connected to my account.  I said yes.  She tells me it was odd because they have no accounts that listed my cell number.  Then she said "what's your social security number?"  I gave it to her and she said it wasn't in their system.  She told me to call back in a few minutes and it might be a computer glitch but I never did.  When I got home I went straight to the internet to check my three Synchrony accounts.  They were still open.  Guess I need to watch all of my credit card accounts for a while since I gave out my SSN #.  They don't know my name though because my cell # is not in my name.

Message 7 of 24
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I closed them because I don't use them and done need them.
The cli just happen to be at same time, I'm not concerned about gain or loss just trying to pair down my sync cards to the ones I use and get basically same limits on all of them except my 76 gas card which is just fine at $5k
Message 8 of 24
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
I closed them because I don't use them and done need them.
The cli just happen to be at same time, I'm not concerned about gain or loss just trying to pair down my sync cards to the ones I use and get basically same limits on all of them except my 76 gas card which is just fine at $5k

Thank You CA for being really instrumental and a dynamic guidance for my own progress with Synchrony Cards starting with GE Smiley Wink

In my opinion CA is been most masterful "especially" where concerns synchrony, from their mystical twists & turns to the ins & outs of what works best at this and that time etc.

When there's a move like this one made, you can bet there is already an advanced plan to reach another POTENTIAL Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats OP on getting rid of two plastics. I'm going to call them on Monday to close my Pepboys.

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.