cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I could not resist..

tag
mike1789

I could not resist..

Well let me start off by saying i only have a credit history of about 6 months. I started off with a secured loan 6 months ago. I applied for a secured cc at about 3 months in. On August 2nd i decided to test my luck, so I applied for the BOA platinum visa, and i got approved for $900. The very next day i applied (and was approved) for the Chase Freedom ($700), Chase Sapphire(5k), and Chase Marriott(5k). I was forced to garden because of the bonus offers. I was trying so hard to not apply for more cards during the past couple weeks (about 4),and Today i could no longer resist Smiley Sad. I applied for the AMEX SPG rewards card and was instantly approved Smiley Very Happy. I am so extremely stoked at the moment Smiley Very Happy Just thought I would share my recent sucess in the past month Smiley Happy

Chase Sapphire Preferred $5,000 - Chase Sapphire $5,000 - Chase Marriott $5,000 - American Express SPG 1,000 - BOA $900 - Chase Freedom $700 - Banco Popular secured $500
09/02/13 693 Experian 09/02/13 694 Transunion
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Re: I could not resist..

Congrats on your approval!  Now, immediately report to the garden.

Message 2 of 23
mike1789

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

Congrats on your approval!  Now, immediately report to the garden.

Thank you Smiley Happy

Chase Sapphire Preferred $5,000 - Chase Sapphire $5,000 - Chase Marriott $5,000 - American Express SPG 1,000 - BOA $900 - Chase Freedom $700 - Banco Popular secured $500
Message 3 of 23
myjourney
Super Contributor

@mike1789 wrote:

Well let me start off by saying i only have a credit history of about 6 months. I started off with a secured loan 6 months ago. I applied for a secured cc at about 3 months in. On August 2nd i decided to test my luck, so I applied for the BOA platinum visa, and i got approved for $900. The very next day i applied (and was approved) for the Chase Freedom ($700), Chase Sapphire(5k), and Chase Marriott(5k). I was forced to garden because of the bonus offers. I was trying so hard to not apply for more cards during the past couple weeks (about 4),and Today i could no longer resist Smiley Sad. I applied for the AMEX SPG rewards card and was instantly approved Smiley Very Happy. I am so extremely stoked at the moment Smiley Very Happy Just thought I would share my recent sucess in the past month Smiley Happy

Congarts

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 23
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Congrats! What were your fico scores like when you apped for CSP?

Message 5 of 23
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Opps I mean chase sapphire not CSP.....

Message 6 of 23
mike1789

@dddewdrop wrote:

Congrats! What were your fico scores like when you apped for CSP?

Thanks Smiley Very Happy To be honest i have no clue i have never checked my scores lol, although i cant imagine them being high with only 6 months of credit history. I do have a checkings and saving with them so that might have helped in getting approved.

Message 7 of 23
mike1789

Thanks@myjourney

Message 8 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would think on one of these acceptance letters you would have gotten the price you pay for credit type thing and it usually tells you who they pulled and what score.

Message 9 of 23
Irisa
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the Amex approval.  Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.