Did you mean: 

I didn't know...

tag
zyzzus
Established Contributor

Re: I didn't know...

@myjourney wrote:

@OnTheRebound wrote:

I knew they did for a mortgage app but certainly not for a credit card. How could they with an instant approval? Does the system automatically check? However, 3 years ago when my wife apped PenFed we didn't have a mortgage either but they had plenty of time to check her out thoroughly since it took them well over a week to approve her.

So I guess they check public records regularly like they do credit reports since they knew about our new home purchase about 18 months ago.

Somewhere on your reports its listed but if you look at a CR you will see a public records section usually for Tax liens anything filed through a court.

They have a way to find all info if they look hard enough...lexus nexus is another type of report that stores info about you. There's about 2 more but the names skip me right nowSmiley Embarassed

Innovis...

https://www.innovis.com/InnovisWeb/pers_orderCreditReport.html

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.