Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't want the card!!

tag
cldavis04
Valued Member

Re: I don't want the card!!

I have the capital one card.  I have had it for about a year and a half but wanted a better card.  One that would give me a chance to have CLI and increase my available credit.  I pay off my cards every month and rarely have a balance on my statement but have only been increased once to $500.

Starting Score: 624
Current Score: 691
Goal Score: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 17
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

I had the same experience last year.  Do not activate the card when it arrives.  It will already be reporting, but no worries.  Call and cancel. 

It will not stay on your report for 10 years or further affect your Aaoa. It will come off your report in less than a month (for me it did).

CRA's are about how accounts are paid.  You of course will take the hit for the inquiry and lose a few points.  Other than that, no need to sweat it.  Hope this helps, but if not toss.Smiley Wink

I really wish they would start including an I reject your offer button once they inform you of their trifling terms before they start sending out cards.

@cldavis04 wrote:

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Message 12 of 17
cldavis04
Valued Member

Thx JusdoNit

Message 13 of 17
UpNComing
Established Contributor

I'm in a similar situation.  I called the backdoor number and asked to cancel the application.  They cut my AF to $29 and asked me to call when I got the card to see what they could do with the CL.  I called today after the card arrived.  They activated it and and told me they would do a manual review for a CLI.  If they don't give the CLI I'll most likely close the account.

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 14 of 17
logan_720
Established Contributor

@cldavis04 wrote:

It's the BestBuy Reward Zone Master Card.  It automatically applied and approved me for this card when it wouldn't for the store card when I completed the application online. 

It did the same for me. When I was approved, I was like "Oh, awesome, I even qualified for the Mastercard! I'll have a HUGe limit and be able to finance a TV!" Sure enough, I was stuck with a $300 CL and a $59 AF that they later cut in half. I think the card reported for two months, then I closed it. Best Buy needs to get with a better bank, lets hope Capital One will be more generous, although I'm not crossing my fingers. I'm still wondering why they ended their partership with Chase...

Message 15 of 17
cldavis04
Valued Member

Well I called to cancel and they really didn't care to even try and keep my business. They asked why and I told them because I was approved for another card with a much higher limit and not AF. All she told me was that it was a good card to keep while rebuilding. I told her that I already had two other cards with higher limits and no AF so there was nothing their card could do to benefit me. She then canceled the card and said I owed them nothing as of today.

There was no offer of any kind to get me to keep the card. So why stay? Their loss not mine!

Message 16 of 17
logan_720
Established Contributor

@cldavis04 wrote:
Well I called to cancel and they really didn't care to even try and keep my business. They asked why and I told them because I was approved for another card with a much higher limit and not AF. All she told me was that it was a good card to keep while rebuilding. I told her that I already had two other cards with higher limits and no AF so there was nothing their card could do to benefit me. She then canceled the card and said I owed them nothing as of today.

There was no offer of any kind to get me to keep the card. So why stay? Their loss not mine!

Its a Reward Zone Mastercard, it shouldn't even be considered a rebuilder card! If I would have known what bank offers it, I would have never applied. I also had the same experience while cancelling, there was no attempt to get me to keep the card.Smiley Mad

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.