cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't want to talk to "Peggy" at Cap 1, or her brother...

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I don't want to talk to "Peggy" at Cap 1, or her brother...

I kind of have a simple question for Cap 1. Last time I called I got "Peggy" (thought she was fired). She gave me one answer that I didn't feel 100% about. I got her brother when I called tonight. I thought all Cap 1 calls were going to their call center in the US that is staffed by American representitives. Nothing against our foreign friends but sometimes an American talking to another American just makes things go a little better. Like when someone in another country calls and talks to someone in their country. 

I'm wondering if I should do something that I've done with DirecTV. That was ask for an American representive. Not like I'm concerned about that person taking me off of their Christmas card list.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: I don't want to talk to "Peggy" at Cap 1, or her brother...

@masscredit wrote:

I kind of have a simple question for Cap 1. Last time I called I got "Peggy" (thought she was fired). She gave me one answer that I didn't feel 100% about. I got her brother when I called tonight. I thought all Cap 1 calls were going to their call center in the US that is staffed by American representitives. Nothing against our foreign friends but sometimes an American talking to another American just makes things go a little better. Like when someone in another country calls and talks to someone in their country. 

I'm wondering if I should do something that I've done with DirecTV. That was ask for an American representive. Not like I'm concerned about that person taking me off of their Christmas card list.

It's CapOne. They're not exactly known for their stunning CS.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 2 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditScholar wrote:

@masscredit wrote:

It's CapOne. They're not exactly known for their stunning CS.

@Anonymous @ CreditScholar.

OP... you may have better luck with "Peggy" and her staff.... What is problem please?

Message 4 of 8
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I'm looking at possibly changing my payment and statement dates. Current payment date is the 25th with a statement date of the 29th (guess it closed a day early).  First time I called I was told that if I didn't have a balance on the statement when I do the change, that statement would run long. I'm looking at a due date of the 19th and statement date of the 24th so it would run 7 weeks. If I did have a balance, the following statement would run long. Something about a statement has to be "x" number of days long (25 or 30 days minimum). 

The person that I spoke to tonight said that nothing would change on this statement (my balance is zero). But the next one in October would be short (3 weeks). 

Two people, two different answers.  Maybe I'll try again tomorrow. 

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 5 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Unless the 1 month of reporting would mess you up for some app, just have the funds to make the minimum if it's due earlier than normal and do the catch up on the following month of your change... (based on if it cut you faster by making the switch) seems easier to just make 2 payments in a month or what ever IF you have to vs. trying to get "peggy" to give you correct answer Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I have $0.00 balance on the card but... I might be giving it some use so I need to know when the statement is going to cut.  The last time I changed a statement closing date for a different Cap 1 card, that statement went long. 

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 7 of 8
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I just called and got a very nice/helpful American representitive.  She said that by law, they are required to give consumers a certain number of days to make their payment so by me changing my due date, the statement would run long and not close until the new date in October. 

Glad to clear that up Smiley Happy 

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.