cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I dont have Citi double cash card or Alliant Visa Platinum card, but still have intrest on them

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont have Citi double cash card or Alliant Visa Platinum card, but still have intrest on them

Before I apply one of these 2% cash back card, I got to ask who have at least one of them a question:

When a user wants to redeem the cash back, redemptions start at how many dollars?

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I dont have Citi double cash card or Alliant Visa Platinum card, but still have intrest on them

$25 for the Citi which is why I don’t want it. Curious about Alliant myself.
Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I dont have Citi double cash card or Alliant Visa Platinum card, but still have intrest on them

Thank you for info about Citi, let us waiting for who has Alliant~

Message 3 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait, looks like some answer at here: https://www.alliantcreditunion.org/images/uploads/files/VisaPlatinumRewards_PointProgram.pdf

If this file is up to date, "Cash Back – get cash back or redeem for statement credit starting at $20 "   on page 2.

So... anyone can list any 2% credit card (not Amex) get cash back starting at lesser than $20?

Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

PayPal Cashback has no minimum redemption.

I just don’t like it because they don’t have transaction notifications.

I have also heard that Sync’s handling of fraud and disputes is awful too.
Message 5 of 29
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Paypal MC gives 2% on each statement. Must be paid to your regular Paypal account, but that doesn't bother me.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

god, you know what? I have this paypal card.

After my application approved 2 days they called me, tell me my account is locked, they will send me an instruction mail to show me how to unlock my account. About a week later I received the card, can't activate, they never send any other mail to me, even I called them 4 times ask about it. 

Now I already hold my dead paypal card 3 months...

Message 7 of 29
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
PayPal Cashback has no minimum redemption.

I just don’t like it because they don’t have transaction notifications.

I have also heard that Sync’s handling of fraud and disputes is awful too.

Yeah, that is a pain. Another issue I have had this past month is the constant updating with the CRAs.

All updates in last week from PPMC. What is up with that?

Screenshot_2019-08-01 Alerts myFICO Member Center(2).pngScreenshot_2019-08-01 Alerts myFICO Member Center(1).pngScreenshot_2019-08-01 Alerts myFICO Member Center.png

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 8 of 29
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Speaking as someone who generally redeems in larger "increments" of flights and hotels...

If accumulating $20 or $25 of cash back on a card will be difficult, you might reconsider whether the card will really be worthwhile. You might instead go for something with a nice fat bonus.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also checked Fidelity Rewards card, at this page: https://www.fidelity.com/cash-management/faqs-rewards-credit-cards

"In order to redeem Points for a cash deposit into your eligible Fidelity account(s), you must have a minimum of 5,000 Points. However, rewards offers begin at 2,500 Points if you choose to redeem your Points for travel options, merchandise, gift cards, or a statement credit."

that means $50 to  Fidelity account or $25 to statement credit. Still sucks

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.