Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I feel so guilty!

tag
mymoneynow
Regular Contributor

Re: I feel so guilty!

Congrats on having such high CLs and such low balances! Smiley Wink

You are in a great position now, great CLs, low balances, quiet, clean home, and brand new comfortable mattresses. I think new mattresses just make a house smell better. In just a few short months your CC will be back where it was prior to the purchase. If you needed them, or if you just wanted new mattresses, that is OK too. You are being very responsible with credit.

Now, on the dog, I know a dog is a great companion, but you know they do like to jump on beds, mine christened a brand new mattress when she was just a pup. We were diligent about keeping bedroom doors closed while at work and school, but DD left her door open when she was in a hurry one day. So, IMHO, you might want to consider a fish.

Not applicable

LOL about the dog.  I'm thinking more of an adult dog to adopt that is already house trained.  Or maybe a cat.

I posted pics of one of the guest bedrooms today.  The chair rail and panel moulding cost me $230, I did all the work myself.  The two gallons of paint I already had because of a color mistake.  I made the headboard out of wood shelves that were taken down in the garage, just had to buy the paint and an 8'x4' piece of MDF that I used half of for another headboard.  I got the comforter online at Overstock for $50.  The Grace Kelly poster cost $20 and I had the frame which I painted black.  The pictures above the bed are a poster for $18 that I cut in half and put in frames that I already had too.  The cat picture was $13.  The chair cost $50 and I painted it and re-covered the seat in black and white polka dot fabric.  I made the pillows with fabric that cost $4 a yard.  The curtains were $18 at Walmart.

http://ratemyspace.hgtv.com/SNC/viewitem.aspx?pguid=6db6be3f-1720-4ba3-a081-999042c09b6b&itemGuid=8f...

Message 12 of 25
GFer
Valued Contributor

Oh, Wow! Pamela, that is beautiful!

Do you hire your services out? LOL I'm looking to by a house and I am not so great at designing!

I think you should feel proud vs guilty!

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much, Gfer.  If I'm not working on some project I get very down.  I do what I love to do like decorating, sewing, quilting, and gardening.  Of course, decorating can get expensive so I keep my eye out for good deals.

People have asked me that but in decorating I do what I like and I'm not sure I would be able to do what someone else likes or wants.  Being single I can really do whatever I want without anyone else's input!  Smiley Tongue

Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL about the dog.  I'm thinking more of an adult dog to adopt that is already house trained.  Or maybe a cat.

I posted pics of one of the guest bedrooms today.  The chair rail and panel moulding cost me $230, I did all the work myself.  The two gallons of paint I already had because of a color mistake.  I made the headboard out of wood shelves that were taken down in the garage, just had to buy the paint and an 8'x4' piece of MDF that I used half of for another headboard.  I got the comforter online at Overstock for $50.  The Grace Kelly poster cost $20 and I had the frame which I painted black.  The pictures above the bed are a poster for $18 that I cut in half and put in frames that I already had too.  The cat picture was $13.  The chair cost $50 and I painted it and re-covered the seat in black and white polka dot fabric.  I made the pillows with fabric that cost $4 a yard.  The curtains were $18 at Walmart.

http://ratemyspace.hgtv.com/SNC/viewitem.aspx?pguid=6db6be3f-1720-4ba3-a081-999042c09b6b&itemGuid=8f0262cd-8b34-473d-ab76-7666a20bc7d2

Go with a cat, usually cheaper to care for, and no barking.

Message 15 of 25
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

pamela what a beautiful room and you are very talented. my mom is buying me a cheap sewing machine, as i want to learn how to sew, i could do a little from home ec in school but that's been a while ago..also have saw cute little john john outfits at craft shows i want to try and make for my new little one..i keep being told it isnt hard but that's easier said that done
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bamagirl1,

Thanks for looking at my room.  I sew home things mainly like drapes, pillows, quilts, and I've made teddy bears and Renaissance costumes.  I used to make easy clothing for my daughters many years ago.  I would start with simple things and learning what all the terms mean is a big help.  I'm sure there are lots of sites online for beginning sewing projects.  Purchased patterns have all the directions too.

It's a good lifetime skill to have and can save a lot of money sometimes.

Message 17 of 25
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

http://ratemyspace.hgtv.com/SNC/viewitem.aspx?pguid=6db6be3f-1720-4ba3-a081-999042c09b6b&itemGuid=8f0262cd-8b34-473d-ab76-7666a20bc7d2

I've seen your rooms on rts and they are fabulous!  I remember the master bedroom especially, great spaces!

I love that site.

Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

You feel guilt cuz you are only used to that one balance. It is  a healthy guilt IMHO, and just pay them off as soon as you can and you'll be ready to go again!

Saw your pics- great job on the room! 

Message 19 of 25
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

I completely understand.

We just bought a house and agreed, as a family, that we would be frugal over Christmas.  I paid off all of my cards prior so that my DTI was lower.  We have reserves, though we have gone over budget on reapirs and our cushion is no tas cushy as we anticipated.

I have plenty of room on my cards but I am seriously loathe to put it on there.  We agreed to be frugal, and I am trying so hard.  My credit score is slowly but surely creeping toward 700s and I want so badly to achieve that in the next year...but it's Christmas.

I will probably give in and meet myself half way--chard a couple of items but keep my util low.  

In any case, I completely understand how you feel! 

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.