Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I feel so guilty!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I feel so guilty!

Congratulations on the house!  If I was in a new house I know I would want to paint and decorate and all that good stuff too.  Owning a home can worth being frugal in other places.

Yes, it's Christmas.  I will probably pay not much more than minimum on CC this month so that I can shop without putting anything more on credit.  I'll see what's available at the end of the month to make an extra payment.

Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was thinking that I may have used the wrong card to buy the mattresses.  I used my Discover card, mainly because I wanted the Cash Back and because it is the only card I had a balance on in the first place and I don't want to be bothered to keep track of payments on two cards.  Well, the CL on that card is only $7200, my lowest one, and that purchase put my util up to 42%.  Ewww... that might not be a good thing for my credit scores.  BTW, as I posted in the FICO high achievers just yesterday I got a SW alert that my FICO went up by 78 points to 806 because my only derogatory was aged off.

I made a little payment online yesterday to get it down to $2900 balance just so it won't be over $3k. I'll make a large payment on the 15th before it reports though.

Message 22 of 25
CodeMonkey
Contributor

I can definitely feel your pain - I recently dropped a fairly decent chunk (~3k) onto a card to pay for a new laptop for work-related things. The company I work for provides me with one, but it was fairly decrepit, and the technophile in me had a hard time resisting the new line of MacBook Pros they came out with just recently. Smiley Wink

Will have it completely paid down in April - but even though I have all the numbers staring up at me from my budget spreadsheet I have definitely lost more sleep than I would care to publicly admit over this!

Probably comes from spending so many of my college years clueless and entirely under the thumb of the credit card companies.

Message 23 of 25
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

CodeMonkey wrote:

...and the technophile in me had a hard time resisting the new line of MacBook Pros they came out with just recently. Smiley Wink

Ooo, which one did you get? Which size screen?

(Oh, yeah, and congrats! Smiley Wink )
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 24 of 25
CodeMonkey
Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@CodeMonkey wrote:

...and the technophile in me had a hard time resisting the new line of MacBook Pros they came out with just recently. Smiley Wink

Ooo, which one did you get? Which size screen?

(Oh, yeah, and congrats! Smiley Wink )

Hah, thanks. Smiley Happy

Got the 15" - they didn't update the 17" line and I never really liked lugging around huge laptops anyhow.

Maxed out all the configurables - video card, RAM, hard drive space, processor speed - it's a desktop replacement for sure.

Makes my life incredibly easy when I can be running 3-4 different OSes at once, all with their own particular web browsers, to test my development work cross-platform - all on one machine.

Plus, I always get a chuckle running Windows in a window - weird sense of humour I suppose.

Definitely worth the investment. Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.