Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I finally fired First Premier

tag
creditwraith
New Contributor

I finally fired First Premier

Opened an account immediately after BK with them six years ago, and then opened a second one with them two years later. They were charging me $6.25 per month for a "Credit Card Service Charge" regardless of if I used the card or not, and then another 45 per year as an annual fee. So thats about 120 per year for a 300 dollar credit line. They were however willing to give me a 25 dollar credit and raise the limits to 400 (a whole hundred bucks! Wow thats awe....wait I have like 50k from Cap One....) No Chuck, close it. "But sir, I am authorized to tell you that I read on myfico.com that AAoE does factor into 15% of your credit score and your score may..." Chuck...close it....and go rob hot dog stands or swindle little old blind ladies out of their pensions or whatever you do when your not taking/extorting people.

That felt so good to actually be the customer (not the groveler) and fire a bank. 

Venture 20k
Venture 15k
QS Siggy 7k
NFCU CashRewards 8k
NFCU CLOC 15k
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I finally fired First Premier

All I can say is....CONGRATULATIONS!!...Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 23
empiror22
Regular Contributor

Nice, way to go 😀
Message 3 of 23
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Anytime someone shreds and closes a First Premier, Credit One, Continental Finance, or other unsavory subprime cards, an angel gets its wings....

Congratulations!

Upward and onward to better things and greener pastures !

-J

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have two of these and I am afraid to close them, thinking that it will affect my credit age and bring my credit down. I think I have had these two cards for about 3 years.

Message 5 of 23
JimmyWayne
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have two of these and I am afraid to close them, thinking that it will affect my credit age and bring my credit down. I think I have had these two cards for about 3 years.

I closed mine and it has 0 effect on my credit score. The accounts will still show positive for 7 years after you close. 

CapOne QS1 $1.2k | Chase Freedom $3.5k | Discover $2.9k | Amex Everyday $3k | Amex PRG | Amazon Store $6k | Barclays Apple Rewards $2.9k | Regions Life $2.5k | Lexus Pursuits $3.3k | PayPal MC $8k | CSP $5k | WF CashWise $2k
Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I think I will make the call today since they are always open pretty late. At least their CSR line. How is it that the cards show positive for 7 years after you close 

@JimmyWayne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I closed mine and it has 0 effect on my credit score. The accounts will still show positive for 7 years after you close. 

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually the accounts hang out for 10 years after their closed not 7

Congrats to the OP

Anytime bottom feeder cards gets retired an Angel gets it's wings 😇
Message 8 of 23
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Way to go ClarenceSmiley Wink
Message 9 of 23
JimmyWayne
New Contributor

Yes, 10 years not 7.. it's been a long week Smiley Tongue

Here's my post when I asked about closing mine. Smiley Wink

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Should-I-close-my-First-Premier-Card/m-p/4880...

CapOne QS1 $1.2k | Chase Freedom $3.5k | Discover $2.9k | Amex Everyday $3k | Amex PRG | Amazon Store $6k | Barclays Apple Rewards $2.9k | Regions Life $2.5k | Lexus Pursuits $3.3k | PayPal MC $8k | CSP $5k | WF CashWise $2k
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.