cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I find it pretty fun to juggle balance.

tag
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Re: I find it pretty fun to juggle balance.

@09Lexie wrote:
You guys seem to enjoy going back and forth. It is like a car accident, I am to busy watching the carnage. Smiley LOL

So true. SMDH. I feel ill; I have no words at how ridiculous this is. Btw, this is the same OP that said he wants to join the military in 10 years to get his greencard. Lovely. 

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 91 of 116
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, the very same one. Which brings me to the question as to whether he was able to design/produce his own metal card since he was unable to qualify for the Palladium one... I wonder how pretty it turned out?
Message 92 of 116
enharu
Super Contributor

@parakleet wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
You guys seem to enjoy going back and forth. It is like a car accident, I am to busy watching the carnage. Smiley LOL

So true. SMDH. I feel ill; I have no words at how ridiculous this is. Btw, this is the same OP that said he wants to join the military in 10 years to get his greencard. Lovely. 

Sigh.... and he has a Barclays card despite not having a green card.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 93 of 116
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

@parakleet wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Highly doubt that now. The background check and security clearance ask questions regarding business transactions with foreign countries or similar questions regarding dealings with foreign countries, in addition to a credit check.

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 94 of 116
Open123
Super Contributor

@parakleet wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Certainly not trying to espouse "expediency over honor" here, but wouldn't it be much easier and quicker marry an American citizen?

Message 95 of 116
enharu
Super Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@parakleet wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Certainly not trying to espouse "expediency over honor" here, but wouldn't it be much easier and quicker marry an American citizen?

yeap, but for some people finding a partner is probably a much harder task.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 96 of 116
compassion101
Established Contributor

@w20031424 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@w20031424 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@w20031424 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@w20031424 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

Just curious. How are you exporting 10-20k worth of goods on a monthly / bi-weekly basis without an import / export license?

Because it's not required by law.

So no duties, and no import / export license required?

No, nothing. Just buy and sell.

people buy and sell all kinds of things everyday. they're still liable for all relevant duties and taxes.

May I ask what country are you shipping them to?

You pay duties when goods go IN a country, not when you export it. 

Precisely.

So the country you're shipping to isn't charging you any taxes or duties? May I ask which country is that? I would love to do business there.

They do charge duties, and I do pay them, it's 20%. Even factoring in the duty, it's still highly profitable. Because Coach bag is twice or third the price their in China.

The ironic thing is that a lot of things made in China are much more expensive when sold in China. IPhone for example,  it's generally 20%-30% more expensive sold in China. 

The importer would be paying the customs duty, not the shipper.

@w20031424 wrote:
You need to file a (pretty simple) custom declaration to show them what you get, the price, use, etc. And as long as you pay your duties, there's no reason for them to stop you. 

It's not a simple declaration as if you were travelling into China and carrying a suitcase with a few items in it. The importer, not you, has to file a formal customs entry. Also, you cannot pay the duty on their behalf. They must pay it to the government. Just a couple of things you might want to be aware of before you start shipping.

Message 97 of 116
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Damnit i'm late to the party!!!!

Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 98 of 116
JonStur
Established Contributor

Man Frustrated

@LS2982 wrote:

Damnit i'm late to the party!!!!

Smiley Very Happy

Me too darn it!!! Missed out on all the fun....

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 99 of 116
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Same here...but I like Lexie's "shaking my head" Heart

Message 100 of 116
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.