cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I find it pretty fun to juggle balance.

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: I find it pretty fun to juggle balance.

I'm just amazed at the fact you're a college student have a full time business exporting Coach purses to china and still have time to successfully complete your studies  ...WoW

If you don't mind me asking what is your major?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 21 of 116
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

I'm just amazed at the fact you're a college student have a full time business exporting Coach purses to china and still have time to successfully complete your studies  ...WoW

Finance.  

It doesn't cost me much time. I just buy in bulk and wholesale to these Chinese retail merchants, and leave all the hassle of dealing with customers to them. 

Tons of other people also do this in US.  But I have my own tricks to by bypass the merchant's annoying purchase limitation, because they black-list your address if you buy too much online.

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 22 of 116
myjourney
Super Contributor

@w20031424 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Finance.  

It doesn't cost me much time. I just buy in bulk and wholesale to these Chinese retail merchants, and leave all the hassle of dealing with customers to them. 

Tons of other people also do this in US.  But I have my own tricks to by bypass the merchant's annoying purchase limitation, because they black-list your address if you buy too much online.

Why would they do that if your spending big money with them? I run my own business and i'm never going to turn away a client spending $20,000-30,000 a month for any reasons in fact i'm going to offer you incentives to spend more...That's truly odd

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 23 of 116
Dubious
Frequent Contributor

Probably because he's not buying for personal consumption, but to resell. 

Message 24 of 116
myjourney
Super Contributor

It's truly odd indeed 2 weeks ago you were pushing 12,000 a month now you're pushing 20,000-30,000 and they don't like your money ODD

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 25 of 116
Open123
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Why would they do that if your spending big money with them? I run my own business and i'm never going to turn away a client spending $20,000-30,000 a month for any reasons in fact i'm going to offer you incentives to spend more...That's truly odd

The main reason is because when used for inventory, the ability to repay is reliant on selling the goods.  For example, what if the merchants in China refuse to pay?  What if there's a delay in the shippment being lost?  

Inventory purchases have a level of risk much higher than purchases for personal discretionary consumption.  For the latter, funds for the purchases are already in one's bank account.  From a lender's perspective, it makes no sense to take this kind of risk while according the borrower protection with the credit card act.

Message 26 of 116
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

The main reason is because when used for inventory, the ability to repay is reliant on selling the goods.  For example, what if the merchants in China refuse to pay?  What if there's a delay in the shippment being lost?  

Inventory purchases have a level of risk much higher than purchases for personal discretionary consumption.  For the latter, funds for the purchases are already in one's bank account.  From a lender's perspective, it makes no sense to take this kind of risk while according the borrower protection with the credit card act.

+1 so the first time due to a lost shippment,damages, held in customs.... whatever

The creditor is likely not to be paid ..meaning in OP case credit cards thus leading to default

When if you can show that income minus expenditures of course to a bank could possibly get a loan just for inventory 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 27 of 116
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@w20031424 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Finance.  

Because Coach sell their bags twice or three times more expensive in China due to their own pricing startegy. And they certainly don't like resellers like me who bite their cake.

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 28 of 116
Open123
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

+1 so the first time due to a lost shippment,damages, held in customs.... whatever

The creditor is likely not to be paid ..meaning in OP case credit cards thus leading to default

When if you can show that income minus expenditures of course to a bank could possibly get a loan just for inventory 

Right, there's a level of risk here that simply isn't factored into a personal credit card, which is why "business" credit cards are specifically exempt from the card act. These kind of purchases are supposed to be used on a business card, and any issuer will close *any* personal credit card engaged in this kind of inventory funding.

The risk are just too high, since the money to pay the CC is completely reliant on a third party purchaser.  Too many things can go wrong.

Message 29 of 116
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

I think he's asking why big-brand merchants don't like resellers like me.

Message 30 of 116
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.