cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I find it pretty fun to juggle balance.

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: I find it pretty fun to juggle balance.

@Open123 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@w20031424 wrote:

Trust me too. They've already blacklisted dozens of my address and cards now, alone with other twenty something big-name merchants. 

You can simply check their website or call them and ask if they allow resale  (unless you operate a department store)

We understand businesses do not like unauthorized resellers. Any company with goods that has supplies way less than what the demand requires do not like it (i.e. Apple). However, how are you exporting 10-40k worth of goods w/o any license? Because you are an unauthorized reseller, I do not see how you can obtain an import license either from whatever country you're trying to bring them into.

I'm honestly just curious.

I'm really hoping for smuggling, because this would be fun to discuss!

Open scores Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 51 of 116
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@w20031424 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@w20031424 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

Just curious. How are you exporting 10-20k worth of goods on a monthly / bi-weekly basis without an import / export license?

Because it's not required by law.

So no duties, and no import / export license required?

No, nothing. Just buy and sell.

people buy and sell all kinds of things everyday. they're still liable for all relevant duties and taxes.

May I ask what country are you shipping them to?

You pay duties when goods go IN a country, not when you export it. 

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 52 of 116
myjourney
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@w20031424 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@w20031424 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

Just curious. How are you exporting 10-20k worth of goods on a monthly / bi-weekly basis without an import / export license?

people buy and sell all kinds of things everyday. they're still liable for all relevant duties and taxes.

China I read that already on another thread from OP

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 53 of 116
enharu
Super Contributor

@w20031424 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@w20031424 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@w20031424 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

Precisely.

So the country you're shipping to isn't charging you any taxes or duties? May I ask which country is that? I would love to do business there.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 54 of 116
Open123
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Unless things have changed, China requires a "pai-man" for any goods entering her borders, and they differ from province to province. 

Message 55 of 116
enharu
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@enharu wrote:

I don't think it's China.

They wanted to charge my girlfriend duties at the airport because she was bringing 2 Birkins into China.

Seeing that:

@w20031424 wrote:

Because it's not required by law. Unless you think Coach bags can be used for military purpose or have some potential harm to national security.

Birkin bags cannot be used for military purpose nor have any potential harm to any national security,

And that

@w20031424 wrote:

My girlfriend bought 1 extra birkin and was just trying to sell 1 for a profit.......

What w2003 describs clearly does not fit the description of what my girlfriend experienced in China. Therefore I doubt it's China.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 56 of 116
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Unless things have changed, China requires a "pai-man" for any goods entering her borders, and they differ from province to province. 

Correct ...more expense when shipping into country not to mention freight to final destination cost ...and no way OP is not paying import taxes

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 57 of 116
myjourney
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@enharu wrote:

I don't think it's China.

They wanted to charge my girlfriend duties at the airport because she was bringing 2 Birkins into China.

Seeing that:

@w20031424 wrote:

Because it's not required by law. Unless you think Coach bags can be used for military purpose or have some potential harm to national security.

Birkin bags cannot be used for military purpose nor have any potential harm to any national security,

And that

@w20031424 wrote:

My girlfriend bought 1 extra birkin and was just trying to sell 1 for a profit.......

What w2003 describs clearly does not fit the description of what my girlfriend experienced in China. Therefore I doubt it's China.

According to one of OP post yes China 

OP please clarify?

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 58 of 116
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@w20031424 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@w20031424 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@w20031424 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

Precisely.

So the country you're shipping to isn't charging you any taxes or duties? May I ask which country is that? I would love to do business there.

They do charge duties, and I do pay them, it's 20%. Even factoring in the duty, it's still highly profitable. Because Coach bag is twice or third the price their in China.

The ironic thing is that a lot of things made in China are much more expensive when sold in China. IPhone for example,  it's generally 20%-30% more expensive sold in China. 

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 59 of 116
Open123
Super Contributor

@w20031424 wrote:

They do charge duties, I do pay them, it's 20%. Even factoring in the duty, it's still highly profitable. Because Coach bag is twice or third the price their in China. 

Given your robust profit margin, I'd suggest you use a strict Letter of Credit with your buyers.  This way, you mitigate the risk of lost merchandise leaving yourself a $30K unpaid invoice.

Message 60 of 116
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.