cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got a huge Capital One CLI! But I need help to change it World Master Card.

tag
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: I got a huge Capital One CLI! But I need help to change it World Master Card.

I emailed the EO to have my QS pc'd to world mc and it was granted. If you google cap 1 EO its out on the web.  Good luck!!!

Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 11 of 15
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Re: I got a huge Capital One CLI! But I need help to change it World Master Card.

@One2spooku wrote:

Quicksilver WMC includes rental insurance up to 50k. I believe its primary, You must decline rental agencies insurance. 

Capital One has its World Mastercard benefits guide here: https://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/benefits-guide/

On clicking the World Mastercard link, on page 2, under Masterrental Insurance, it says (apart from other things):

The rented vehicle must have a MSRP that does not exceed $50,000 USD. The kind of coverage you receive: We will pay for the following on a secondary basis.

In any case, I think OP should first confirm with Cap One whether they're going to provide primary coverage or not. 

For OP's benefit, TPG has a somewhat comprehensive list of cards for your reference: http://thepointsguy.com/2015/07/credit-cards-that-offer-primary-car-rental-coverage/

I'd suggest doing further research if primary rental coverage is a must.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your upgrade and CLI!! Your account may not be eligible for an upgrade because you just had one.
Message 13 of 15
creditgambler2018
Regular Contributor

what is the diifference from a quicksilver mastercard to a world mastercard? I thought my quicksilver mastercard worked worldwide as long as they take mastercard and cap one gets a heads up that i am using my card at a different country.

Message 14 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@elcocaino2010 wrote:

what is the diifference from a quicksilver mastercard to a world mastercard? I thought my quicksilver mastercard worked worldwide as long as they take mastercard and cap one gets a heads up that i am using my card at a different country.

The acceptance is identical, but World (and World Elite) MasterCards have different 'perks' from a regular/Platinum MasterCard. 

For many people (like myself) the designation is a nice gesture but not really worth much, for others it can be rather lucrative.  Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.