cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got my Discover card over the weekend!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I got my Discover card over the weekend!!!

Hi junior88,

I was approved for $3500 and my eq is 689 and my tu is 679 and my ex is 679, so I am not sure why your cl is lower.  I did ask if I could get $5000 and she said she wasn't able to approve that at this time for me to request the cli in about 4 months...so I thanked her and hung up the phone with a HUGE grin on my face....

This is my second card today, I haven't had any major cards with decent cls like this in over 8 years.

Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@junior88 I'm curious about this too. When I app'd I also got a call from an analyst who went over the whole app again and then came back and said that I was approved for $1000. Then asked if that would be sufficient for my needs. I immediately responded yes because I didn't want to press my luck.
Message 22 of 29
junior88
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, it's like they just leave you hanging, wondering if there is more they can give you. Who wants to try and see if they get more??? I just do not understand why they would ask you if that was enough if you weren't eligible for more of a CL?

11/13/23 TU 808 EX 800 EQ 806 ---- Discover $35,000/AmEx Delta Plat $30,000/Chase United $26,200/BOA $25,000/Macys AmEx $25,000/Sams Club MC $20,000GM Card $18,000/Chase IHG $16,000/Barclay Rewards $12,100/Dicks MasterCard $10,000/Lowes$15,000/BOA Cash Rewards $13,800/Citi Double Cash $9400/Citi Simplicity $8200/Target MC $8000/Wells Fargo Visa $7000/State Farm $4000
Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel the same way. I was a little shocked by the limit and that they would even ask if that would work. My scores are all around 698 with no baddies. I also have a chase card with a 3000 cl so I thought they would atleast match that. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to hope for an auto cli in the future.
Message 24 of 29
JonStur
Established Contributor

Congrats...love my More it's a great card...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 25 of 29
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

@tengtengvn wrote:

@kc12286 wrote:

@KingAdrock wrote:

I see the open road gets 2% cash back on gas. Didn't it used to be 5%?

I thought so too. Can anyone verify?

EDIT: After some quick searching, it seems the student version gets 5%. Doesn't seem like the regular version was 5%.

Even with the non-Student card, it used to be 5% CB on gasoline and auto maintenance.

Now they changed it to 2% CB on gasoline and restaurant with $250/cap.

Any idea if they just changed that for new customers, or if current customers who used to get 5% got changed? I know if that happened to me I'd be pretty steamed.

Message 26 of 29
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!!

I applied today and was instantly approved for a $3500 limit I am so excited, can't wait to get the card.  The CSR did ask me how I intended to use it and I told her gas, dining and travel related.  She said for me to make sure to log on and sign up for the quarterly signups as they aren't automatic.  I should receive my card by next Thursday!! Yay...

I also applied for the PSECU VISA/PSL and was approved for $20k (I think the combo) today as well.  So while I was at it applied for the Chase Freedom and got the dreaded 7-10 day review by an analyst -- no instant approval, urgh.  

Has anyone gotten approved after getting this notice?   

Yes I got that message from Chase. Call the backdoor number... they can quickly tell you whether its approved, and even help with a recon in the case of a denial. Good Luck and congrats!

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay, after calling the back door number I was approved for the Chase Freedom.  $6,000 CL.  Not bad for someone who only had a CapOne card with $750 limit.

Message 28 of 29
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yay, after calling the back door number I was approved for the Chase Freedom.  $6,000 CL.  Not bad for someone who only had a CapOne card with $750 limit.

Thats awesome! Congrats again!

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.