Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I guess I am wrong about Oasis Card Holders

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I guess I am wrong about Oasis Card Holders

I guess I am wrong about the Oasis Card Holder status with Amex for new cards. I apped for Jet Blue Biz Card through planetfinace website  I got the message, I posted below. I am not sure what that means. They are asking me to close my Oasis card? But again, I did get Platinum card though I have Oasis Card. It is getting more and more confusing. I need a drink.
-------------------------------------

Thank you for your recent application for the JetBlue Business Card from American Express.  We do value your desire to establish a relationship with us.   We regret that we are unable to approve your request for the following reason(s):

Our records indicate that you currently have an active recovery card product with American Express.

Enclosed is an important notice concerning your rights.  The creditor is American Express Bank, FSB.

It has been our experience that applicants who do not meet our basic requirements at one time may qualify later on.  We invite you to submit a new application at a later date when your circumstances have changed.

Thank you for your interest in our service.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I guess I am wrong about Oasis Card Holders

concorduser wrote:
I guess I am wrong about the Oasis Card Holder status with Amex for new cards. I apped for Jet Blue Biz Card through planetfinace website  I got the message, I posted below. I am not sure what that means. They are asking me to close my Oasis card? But again, I did get Platinum card though I have Oasis Card. It is getting more and more confusing. I need a drink.
-------------------------------------

Thank you for your recent application for the JetBlue Business Card from American Express.  We do value your desire to establish a relationship with us.   We regret that we are unable to approve your request for the following reason(s):

Our records indicate that you currently have an active recovery card product with American Express.

Enclosed is an important notice concerning your rights.  The creditor is American Express Bank, FSB.

It has been our experience that applicants who do not meet our basic requirements at one time may qualify later on.  We invite you to submit a new application at a later date when your circumstances have changed.

Thank you for your interest in our service.

No, they're not asking you to close your Oasis card.  They're telling you they won't give you another card until you do, though.

BTW, I mentioned on another thread that this is their new policy, and you told me I was wrong. Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Red1Blue wrote:
. . . .It is getting more and more confusing. I need a drink.

Now's the time to take the Plat to the nearest airport lounge!

Sorry it didn't work out. Looks like you and your business need to settle in and play gin rummy for a few more months. But if Jet Blue serves your area, that might be a good eventual biz card.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Red1Blue wrote:
. . . .It is getting more and more confusing. I need a drink.

Now's the time to take the Plat to the nearest airport lounge!

Sorry it didn't work out. Looks like you and your business need to settle in and play gin rummy for a few more months. But if Jet Blue serves your area, that might be a good eventual biz card.

LOL...I completely agree with HTSU.  At least you have the consolation of having the Platinum Card, and I'm still a little jealous.

Message Edited by cheddar on 02-06-2008 04:53 PM
Message 4 of 13
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hi Cheddar, Yes, I remember we talked about similar issue on a different thread and I said I got Platinum though I have the Oasis Card.

Why did they give me Platinum Card since I have Oasis Card?
Why do they say I can not get JetBlue Card because I have Oasis Card?

Now I am totally,  confused. That is only 2 weeks ago. Did they change the policy in the last 2 weeks?
I better go get a strong drink to understand this logic.
Message 5 of 13
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hi Cheddar / HTSU both of you are right. I am on way to Airport Louge to have few drinks with my Plat Card. Any body coming? I am buing the drinks......
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

concorduser wrote:
Hi Cheddar, Yes, I remember we talked about similar issue on a different thread and I said I got Platinum though I have the Oasis Card.

Why did they give me Platinum Card since I have Oasis Card?
Why do they say I can not get JetBlue Card because I have Oasis Card?

Now I am totally,  confused. That is only 2 weeks ago. Did they change the policy in the last 2 weeks?
I better go get a strong drink to understand this logic.

Did you get the Platinum Card in your own name and the other cards in your biz's name?

Based on the denial message, the common thread between the JetBlue denial and the Oasis Card seems to be your biz.

If the Oasis Card is in your biz's name, but the Platinum Card is in your own name, that could explain it.

Message Edited by cheddar on 02-06-2008 04:59 PM
Message 7 of 13
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hi Cheddar, both cards are on my personal name.  My biz have other cards but none with Amex.
Message 8 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Maybe you can get charge cards while in Oasis, but not credit (revolving) cards?

Thanks, concorduser, order a Jim Beam on the rocks for me! Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 13
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hi hauling, I am not sure any more. Just now I said what the heck and went to the site ( ducky posted in amex preapproval link ) where I applied for Platinum and applied for Blue. I got the message, "we are unable to process now we will get back in 14 days". The same message I got when I apped for Platinum. I'll check back in the next couple of days and see the status of the Blue Application and see what happens. Looks to me there could be some logic on Amex Web site when they are processing the applications that we are not aware of. I am more confused.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.