Did you mean: 

I hate Amex

tag
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

Re: I hate Amex

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

no payments missed just becouse i charge 2000 to get my car fix and after i did that was the end of 11k lol

Charged where?  Did you use Plastiq or Paypal by chance and have your brother fix the car?

Good Point!

If AMEX thinks you are taking cash advances thru peer to peer payment portals, that would also trigger CLD, but more likely a FR.

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

i used my dealership bro !

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can pretty much guarantee if your score dropped 80 points due to a 8k CLD, then you have insane UTI on 2 or more other cards that the Amex was offsetting.

There is no way you dropped that many points at 2000/2900 on that one card alone.  Youre not even at the 75 threshold there, and thats where it gets really painful.

If i had to make a bet, you have a coupla smaller limit cards sitting in maxed out territory, Amex saw this, cut your limit with them, and your aggregate UTI dropped you into the mid 650s as a result.

Sound about right?

Id also further bet that the 2000 dollar charge was just bad timing, the CLD was already going to happen.

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Something else must have happened for this to occur. OP can you give us more information.
Message 14 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Abcd, as a dp, ive been running a 50%+ for months on my Boa card and ive had Amex since feb , no problems. Lol, im bringing it down now so should be good. To be fair most of my others are at 0 and i pay my amex charges usually as i post.

Op, it sounds as uour profile maybe thin as thats a hella drop for a cld. I know when i had a collection hit out of nowhere last year my score dropped like 30 points. I think you should add some more info on your current profile and maybe we can help you figure what triggered the drop and or cld. Amex isnt like Sync or Comenity , they usually cld for very specific reasons.
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to MyFICO!

OP can you give them a call and update us? Any information they give you can help you and others who may encounter a similar situation
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry to hear about your CLD that can really suck. Like others have said though there has to be more to it so hopefully you can get that straightened out.

I love Amex personally.

And to the others: he may be a "New Visitor" but his profile was created two years ago so I do not believe he is trying to ruffle feathers or cause commotion like other "New Visitors." 

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

As is usually the case there's always more than meets the eye here with stories like this.

Well it's from a "New Visitor" so don't ignore that maybe Chase marketing might be creating accounts online this month to "notify" people of how bad bad bad the competition is, lol.

While that is possible... I blacklisted chase and will never do business with them, in the 2 months I've had amex delta and now an spg..  Every time I call them I feel like I'm getting very second rate barely speaks English rep.   There ivr to get to a rep is super aggravating, and honestly as much as I wanted a bce, I'm really rethinking that if this is how its gonna be with them

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Utilization too high or some kind of payment issue most likely.

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am sort of dubious about this thread, as the OP put Amex on blast, got many replies, but never came back after being defensive.

Sounds like some of us mighta sniffed out some stink.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.