Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate BoA

tag
GordonShumway
Regular Contributor

Re: I hate BoA

@smallfry wrote:
I never did like this bank. Every other bank around posts deposits until 6 that evening. BofA flips to the next biz day at 3. Chiselers.

Where did you pull that from. They had the first ATM that will deposit checks with images, and if you deposit until 8PM (when the branch closes at 6) it will be credited to you the same day (~$120 will be avail immediately)

Message 11 of 54
egold1234
Contributor

At some branches they put up a sign at 4PM that says transaction posts on next buisness day. Meanwhile the ATM says transactions before 8PM post same day. I think they want to encourage ATM use to save on tellers.
Message 12 of 54
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@GordonShumway wrote:

@smallfry wrote:
I never did like this bank. Every other bank around posts deposits until 6 that evening. BofA flips to the next biz day at 3. Chiselers.

Where did you pull that from. They had the first ATM that will deposit checks with images, and if you deposit until 8PM (when the branch closes at 6) it will be credited to you the same day (~$120 will be avail immediately)

Every BofA around here (NJ) closes their deposit window at 3. They'll take your money but it gets credited the next day. 

Message Edited by smallfry on 03-04-2010 08:21 PM
Message 13 of 54
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

@egold1234 wrote:
At some branches they put up a sign at 4PM that says transaction posts on next buisness day. Meanwhile the ATM says transactions before 8PM post same day. I think they want to encourage ATM use to save on tellers.

It's a sad state of affairs when transactions by a teller goes through the system slower than from an ATM.

Message 14 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@egold1234 wrote:
I paid off my credit cards, and called the backdoor # to speak to a credit anaylyst to ensure they wouldnt close my cards. After alot of discussion I actually had a CLI of $600 and was assured my lines would remain open. Well guess what. They closed one of my cards, the one they just gave a CLI to!

I'm wondering if it was the act of calling them, rather than paying in full, that actually triggered the credit card being closed.  What do you folks think?

Message 15 of 54
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

urgent_help_needed wrote:

@egold1234 wrote:
I paid off my credit cards, and called the backdoor # to speak to a credit anaylyst to ensure they wouldnt close my cards. After alot of discussion I actually had a CLI of $600 and was assured my lines would remain open. Well guess what. They closed one of my cards, the one they just gave a CLI to!

I'm wondering if it was the act of calling them, rather than paying in full, that actually triggered the credit card being closed.  What do you folks think?

Yes, I think that's very much what did it, I'm afraid. Smiley Sad

I make it a point to fly under the radar of all my CCC's, and most especially BofA. Their CSR's seem remarkably uninformed, and asking a simple question can trigger a landslide.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 16 of 54
egold1234
Contributor

Unfortunetly, the only reason I called was because I never recieved a new CC and the old one expired. Thats what started this mess, was just trying to get a new card sent out to my new address because the old one was a few days from expiring.
Message 17 of 54
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Ouch, I hear ya.

I hope you'll give it a month (OK, a bit more), and let the new balances post, and call back to ask for your limit to be reinstated. You have to hope that if they're clueless enough to not understand the report that they looked at this time, then they won't remember what the problem was next time!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 18 of 54
egold1234
Contributor

It seems the rep I spoke to had no idea how to even properly read a report, and I saw they did a hard pull on my TU report. If she knew how to read it, she'd have known that the only balances reporting were the ones I just paid off with BoA. So frustrating. She did say to call back in 30 days when it updates and that they might reinstate and maybe even give me a CLI. Unbelievable.
Message 19 of 54
armywifey85
Regular Contributor

No disrespect but after all the storie's about BOA, Chase, Citibank I can't understand why anyone would still do business with those kind of bank's. It's only a matter of time before they get around to yous. Oh and in the next couple of yrs when their losses are even greater from the business loan's, It's gonna be even worse for ya. I would ditch em now and move on to credit union's who really treat their customer's the way they should be treated. There is this little bank in Louisiana called Liberty Bank and Trust its really a great bank small but better than any big bank in my eye. Interest rates are low I've got the Visa, and they have never raised the rate's to take advantage of the economy like other bank's I know. My rate has stayed at 9% for the last 3 yrs. I wish I could say the same for USAA and NFCU both got on the bandwagon and raised rate's before the new credit law took place. But My little bank in Louisiana never did so they get lots of love!
Message 20 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.