cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have Amex Platinum Charge can I get Green Charge?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: I have Amex Platinum Charge can I get Green Charge?

well luckily for you amex has the best protection out of anyone if you ask me if she looses the card, I would hope she would notice within a day and all charges would be taken off and they would overnight you a new card. I woulnd't worry about that. I thought you were worried about her endless ability to spend.
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex has some of the best lost and fraud protections... Maybe you can get her a downgraded Green and still keep the Platinum.

Green doesn't do much other than no preset spending limit.
Gold has free travel upgrades.
Platinum has travel + "concierge" service.

I think that's pretty much the differences between the 3 cards besides the annual fees.
Message 12 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

oh didn't think about downgrading additional card.
on the business card, when you order additional cards, I can get green for free or pay whatever it is for them to have gold. you might be able to do that on platinum?
Message 13 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Wow, concorduser, I wish you'd been my daddy back in, let's see, 1970! I wound up with a 1963 Plymouth Belvedere. Smiley Tongue

I agree with the others, you're covered with either card in case of fraud.

I suppose the things to consider:
--could your access to your Plat be temporarily limited if she lost hers?
--would she have any need for the plat features? (for instance, she is in a school choir or art class that might travel around the US or abroad)

One thing that I like about my Gold Rewards Plus is that up to 4 AU's are free, and that was handy when I put my youngest on it when she went to Ireland. My card went to Ireland, Wales, and Paris, but I didn't. Something wrong there. Smiley Sad
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 19
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I did not know we can get AU card down graded to Green and still keep my Platinum. I'll call them and find out tomorrow. If all fails I'll get her an AU card from my National City Visa Card which has no AF.

ilovepizza wrote:
Amex has some of the best lost and fraud protections... Maybe you can get her a downgraded Green and still keep the Platinum.

Green doesn't do much other than no preset spending limit.
Gold has free travel upgrades.
Platinum has travel + "concierge" service.

I think that's pretty much the differences between the 3 cards besides the annual fees.

Message 15 of 19
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Let me know if you still want 1963 Plymouth Belvedere. I can have it shipped to you...Smiley Happy

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Wow, concorduser, I wish you'd been my daddy back in, let's see, 1970! I wound up with a 1963 Plymouth Belvedere. Smiley Tongue

I agree with the others, you're covered with either card in case of fraud.

I suppose the things to consider:
--could your access to your Plat be temporarily limited if she lost hers?
--would she have any need for the plat features? (for instance, she is in a school choir or art class that might travel around the US or abroad)

One thing that I like about my Gold Rewards Plus is that up to 4 AU's are free, and that was handy when I put my youngest on it when she went to Ireland. My card went to Ireland, Wales, and Paris, but I didn't. Something wrong there. Smiley Sad

Message 16 of 19
mrdrum18
New Contributor

Why not go for the Gold AU?
Message 17 of 19
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

What about Gold AU? Is it free from AF or  the benefits from the card? 

mrdrum18 wrote:
Why not go for the Gold AU?

Message 18 of 19
athensguy
Valued Contributor

It's $45 extra for up to 5 Gold AUs.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.