cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a BOA card with 12k CL. Should I open a new BOA card to transfer 5k to it?

tag
sweetbee

I have a BOA card with 12k CL. Should I open a new BOA card to transfer 5k to it?

Hello, this question is for my mom who has a balance of 5k on her citibank card that I want her to transfer over to another card to avoid paying more interest. I managed to have one interest fee waived but wonder if with some persistence I can get more waived?

She is paying 100 in interest each month. She has a BOA card with 12k cl currently at 10k. I saw they have a 0 % apr and no balance transfers for introductory promotions if she signs up for a new BOA card. Would she get the same credit limit on the new card? Can they just convert the current card to the new card? Would it still be a hard pull if she already has a BOA card? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I have a BOA card with 12k CL. Should I open a new BOA card to transfer 5k to it?

@sweetbee wrote:

Hello, this question is for my mom who has a balance of 5k on her citibank card that I want her to transfer over to another card to avoid paying more interest. I managed to have one interest fee waived but wonder if with some persistence I can get more waived?  It's worth a try, but they typically only do one-time courtesy adjustments.

She is paying 100 in interest each month. She has a BOA card with 12k cl currently at 10k. I saw they have a 0 % apr and no balance transfers for introductory promotions if she signs up for a new BOA card. Would she get the same credit limit on the new card? Not necessarily, it would largely depend on her overall profile, income plus many other factors.  Can they just convert the current card to the new card?   They could if the account is eligibile, but she would likely not receive the introductory 0% APR offer.   Would it still be a hard pull if she already has a BOA card?  Yes, it will still be a HP.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I have a BOA card with 12k CL. Should I open a new BOA card to transfer 5k to it?

Yep, new HP, new card. If you PC the old card, you won't get the introductory offer.

The limit on the new card could be low, however, I believe you can move some of the limit from the old card to make the new card higher.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.