Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a bit of a dilemma

tag
vpae
Established Contributor

Re: I have a bit of a dilemma

Oh, and check to see if you are eligible for a SP CLI on the Citi.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Permanent-Citi-SP-CLI-Luv-Button/td-p/2922584

See that for reference.

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 11 of 12
black_citi
Established Contributor

Re: I have a bit of a dilemma

@vpae wrote:

I would keep the Citi open just because you have Citi right in your name!!

But on a serious note, I think I've read that it is a positive to at least have 3 active TL anyway (even if it were to remain open on your report for 10 years), it definitely doesn't hurt you since there's no AF, helps with utilization, and in the long term, further improve AAoA than if you closed it.

It'll help make your file look thicker for when you need to app for car/mortgage, etc.

Like many have said, maybe try to PC for another card with rewards. Good luck!

LOL! I never thought of that lol. Thanks for yours as well as everyones response. I do have an account with the Illinois toll and that citi card is registered there. I dont use the toll often since it went up last year ($0.75, used to be 40 cent) but I could also use it to buy socks.

Make More, Spend Less
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.