cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a question: should i transfer my Walmart Discover balance to my Chase Freedom Card?

tag
alexia26
Established Member

I have a question: should i transfer my Walmart Discover balance to my Chase Freedom Card?

Hi Guys!

I have a question: Should I transfer my Walmart Discover Balance to my Chase Freedom? I'm paying down my debt i was wondering if you guys think it's a good idea. I want t0 transfer my balances because my freedom card has 0% balance transfer tl next auguest and my Walmart Discover card has interest rate of 22.90%. i know if i ctransfer the balance ill be over 50% of my credit limit. i only used my chase freedom for balance transfers so i haven't made any purchases since i got the card. I'm okay if my balance is all on one card and not on multiple cards and i can apply payments just to that one card.

Here are my list of cards:

Balance/Credit limit

1. American Express Everyday               0/2500

2/ Amazon Chase Visa                             0/700

3. Chase Freedom                                     1500/3000

4.Capital One Platinum

(Just Upgrade to QuickSilver One)        0/1800

5. Barclay (Apple Financing)                      0/2290

6. Walmart Discover                                      1224/4500

7. Citi Diamond Preferred                              0/1000

8. Santander Easy LOC                                  1500/2500

9.Discover                                                           0/500

I Closed 2 credit cards a 2-3 days ago.

1. Continental Finance                               0/1050 (second longest card)

2.  First Premier Bank                                  0/1075

I'm glad i don't have them anymore. So they forever gone and now i have better cards. I do thank them for helping me rebuild my credit. Capitalone was my very first card so im keeping that for now. I think i'm off topic now, sorry about that. I'm new to posting on here. Thanks for any help advice or guidance you can give me.

My credit scores are TU: 693, Ex: 664, EQ: 654

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: I have a question: should i transfer my Walmart Discover balance to my Chase Freedom Card?

@alexia26 wrote:

Hi Guys!

I have a question: Should I transfer my Walmart Discover Balance to my Chase Freedom? I'm paying down my debt i was wondering if you guys think it's a good idea. I want t0 transfer my balances because my freedom card has 0% balance transfer tl next auguest and my Walmart Discover card has interest rate of 22.90%. i know if i ctransfer the balance ill be over 50% of my credit limit. i only used my chase freedom for balance transfers so i haven't made any purchases since i got the card. I'm okay if my balance is all on one card and not on multiple cards and i can apply payments just to that one card.

Balance/Credit limit

4.Capital One Platinum

1. Continental Finance                               0/1050 (second longest card)

I'm glad i don't have them anymore. So they forever gone and now i have better cards. I do thank them for helping me rebuild my credit. Capitalone was my very first card so im keeping that for now. I think i'm off topic now, sorry about that. I'm new to posting on here. Thanks for any help advice or guidance you can give me.

If it's gonna take you a while to pay off, I would say yes. 
Message 2 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: I have a question: should i transfer my Walmart Discover balance to my Chase Freedom Card?

If it saves you money then and only then does it make sense 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 6
alexia26
Established Member

I think it does make financial sense. The interest is $23.00. and The minimum payment is $37. 

@myjourney wrote:

Message 4 of 6
alexia26
Established Member

@jsucool76 wrote:

@alexia26 wrote:

Hi Guys!

Balance/Credit limit

4.Capital One Platinum

If it's gonna take you a while to pay off, I would say yes. 

I thought the same thing and while i'm paying them off they're going to make alot of money off me in interest.

Message 5 of 6
alexia26
Established Member

@alexia26 wrote:

I think it does make financial sense. The interest is $23.00. and The minimum payment is $37. 

@myjourney wrote:

not that i make just the minimum payment , i was comparing the two if anyone got that.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.