Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a stupid question...about BT

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a stupid question...about BT

Can you transfer from a major cc to a Lowe's card?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: I have a stupid question...about BT

I'd say no if your Lowe's card is the store card.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rmduhon wrote:
I'd say no if your Lowe's card is the store card.

so you can transfer store to major but not the other way around?

Message 3 of 6
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Why would you want to?  Its hard to believe any store card would have a better interest rate than most majors...

Edit:

Sorry, I didn't mean for that to come off as snarky!  Just curious about whether you actually want to do this, or if its just an academic question.  Smiley Happy

Edit #2:

Maybe you have a huge limit on your HD card, and a smaller limit on your major, and you're needing to make an emergency purchase on your major that exceeds your available credit?  That's the only reason I can see for wanting to do such a thing.  IE, major car repair and you NEED your car for work, or your roof is in danger of collapsing, etc etc.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 4 of 6
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Can you transfer from a major cc to a Lowe's card?

You can do a BT to any card that will let you, but that card must offer you the possibility of doing a BT. You don't just call up the bank to see if you can BT. You could call, but unless the bank is in the habit of offering BT, you are unlikely to be able to do the BT.

store cards usually (I will leave some possibility open) are not in the business of doing BT offers. The main objective of a store card is to get you to use the card in the store, and save that store the swipe fees from the major payment networks.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you trying to take advantage of their no interest for 6-24 months? Like others have said, see if lowes will do a balance transfer. If they do, awesome. You now have a longer grace period to pay off your debt lol and in that case, I will be following your foot steps if I ever need to do this!!!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.