Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have been a bad little seedling..

tag
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

Re: I have been a bad little seedling..

lol

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 11 of 14
gogotexan
Regular Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

@Bluebonnet wrote:

LOL 

Smiley Sad at ERT watchlist. 

Come see me,,, I know the best places to hide!

Oh really?  I'll keep that in mind!  *ERT watchee* lol

Starting Scores 11/12/2012 EX - 590, EQ - 584, TU - 601
FICO Scores as of 02/06/2014 EX - 687, EQ - 659, TU - 697
BK 7 Discharged Oct 2010, In my wallet: NFCU VisaSiggy $26K; NFCU GoRewards $10K; NFCU Navcheck $15K; Star Furniture $5K, Conns Credit $7K, GE (Ashley Furniture) $1K, GE (Rooms to Go) $3K, Barclay Arrival MC $3K; PWFCU Visa $2.5K; Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2K; Chase Freedome $500; Cap1 Secured $500
Message 12 of 14
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Smiley Wink at least you were honest about you escape. Lol

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 13 of 14
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I would let a high balance report to each card at least once.  For some companies they look to see if you are using the credit you have to determine new limits.  Letting it report without a balance could make it appear that you haven't used the card.  I PIF every month and watch what gets posted.  I go through mst of my cards at least once and charge them up to their limit when I can and let that post so it reflects in the CR.  Another thing it lets me see is how my score is affected when they post.  Thanks to my AUs it is easy for me to do this and also a bit sad!  My AU's are hurting my score to the tune of about 50 points on my TransRisk score!  I actually had to get PayPal to raise my limit to $7500 to insure that it wasn't at 90%+ of my CL.  My last balance reported at $2500 of a $3000 CL.  This cause my TransRisk score to drop even more.  It also affected my FICO but not as much! 

I am sitting in the Garden for the next year or more to simply insure that at some point I will break the 720 mark for my FICO!  I have way too many inquiries on my report and many new accounts.  I owe all the new accounts to Capital One.  Since they wouldn't extend my credit beyond $500 before I knew about the EO, I yearned for more credit!  I went out and got it after listening to them tell me for the millionth time they keep my CL up to date!  I proved that was just a line of hogwash.  I now have 20x what I had because of Capone silliness!

Go sit in the Garden, as I did in the past, to get where I am today.  Don't be too hasty about getting too much.  Slow and steady wins the race.  If your goal is two years to be here you should be just fine in the end.  However, you might want to consider being there a year so you can get into new accounts with better limits sooner and better cards!

Good luck either way!

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.