Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have the Chase Monday Blues...

tag
laboi_22
Established Contributor

I have the Chase Monday Blues...

So I had a good bit of cash back saved up on my Freedom card. Purchased a birthday gift and paid myself back. Found out the week after that the item I purchased (a nook from Barnes and Nobel) went on sale for 99. I bought the nook for 189. Filed a claim on price protection and got refunded the difference. Chase is awesome and I love my Freedom card but ohhhhhh how I have the low CLI (Chase) blues. If only Chase would up my 1000 CL so I can use the card as my primary and use it I would. BofA gave me 1000. 3 months later upped it to 5000. This is my primary card now. If Chase only knew how much I would take care of that CL like I do my BofA and how much business they are loosing.... it just gives me the blues.

Any advice on seeing CLIs soon. It will be 6 months next month.

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Skinnyminnie
Regular Contributor

Re: I have the Chase Monday Blues...

Grats on your experience, Laboi!  

Can't give you any advice on CLIs with Chase as I've never had any dealings with them but I'm sure something positive will pop up.

Message 2 of 4
laboi_22
Established Contributor

I hope so. I hate using them because of the low CL. It's inconvenient to pay every week-week and a half just to get more access to CL. Otherwise thought it's a cool looking card, great customer service, and great benefits. Of all the cards I have including AMES neither of them carry the price protection benefit. I would soooo use Chase as my primary if they increased a little. Not even 5000 would use them primary with 2500 or 3000.

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 3 of 4
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@laboi_22 wrote:

So I had a good bit of cash back saved up on my Freedom card. Purchased a birthday gift and paid myself back. Found out the week after that the item I purchased (a nook from Barnes and Nobel) went on sale for 99. I bought the nook for 189. Filed a claim on price protection and got refunded the difference. Chase is awesome and I love my Freedom card but ohhhhhh how I have the low CLI (Chase) blues. If only Chase would up my 1000 CL so I can use the card as my primary and use it I would. BofA gave me 1000. 3 months later upped it to 5000. This is my primary card now. If Chase only knew how much I would take care of that CL like I do my BofA and how much business they are loosing.... it just gives me the blues.

Any advice on seeing CLIs soon. It will be 6 months next month.

I know the feeling about the nook...I got it as a birthday gift last year, and they (the person who bought it for me) paid $249 (I got the nook wifi + 3g)...

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.