Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just cancelled my Target Card...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just cancelled my Target Card...

...and it feels so good! I have been really unhappy wit them lately, and no longer have any desire to shop there.

Having said that, they tried to woo me with a CLI.  I just asked for one less that 2 weeks ago and they gave me a big fat no, so that just pissed me off more. However, if you want to keep the card and try for a CLI, call to cancel and tell them that's the reason. They really, really wanted me to stay a customer.

I gave him a big fat no as I'm simply tired of dealing with them. Every time I have to deal with  them they are a massive pain in the butt. Good riddance.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Re: I just cancelled my Target Card...

Doesn't that just take the cake?  

You can't get them to give a CLI, but if you close the account they offer it to you so you will stay a customer.  Wouldn't it simply have been nice to simply get the limit increase in a positive way?

Nice of them

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny - my wife had a "fed up" account closing today. Sent in a simple question about reporting mid-cycle to the bureaus. It's Comenity which can and has done this for us with other cards in the past. We got a form letter from Loft which didn't even come close to answering the question. It just said call the credit bureaus. We'll see if they come back with anything or if they simply let the card go. Either way, we're done.

Message 3 of 16
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I think Target is actually TD Bank.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 4 of 16
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I don't thing Federalist was saying that Comenity is the lender for Target but was just stating that his wife got fed up with one of her lenders today also
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target gave me a really stingy SL, but I shrug it off for the 5% discount. 

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was about to pay mine off and close then they gave me a increase out of nowhere so gurss ill hang on for now
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bummer that you closed it. I keep mine for the 5% discount, the limit doesn't really matter to me. Oh well, onwards to bigger and better!

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

JJC how long did you have the Target Card? I just got a Target Card they started me with a $300 limit. I was turned down by them a few months back when I first started my re-building process, my approval on my second attempt was a victory. I won't use the card often because I don't live by a Target, I got it so it could be another way for me to build my credit, and develop some more payment history with another bank.
Message 9 of 16
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Bummer that you closed it. I keep mine for the 5% discount, the limit doesn't really matter to me. Oh well, onwards to bigger and better!

5% wouldn't be enough for me to keep shopping there, either.  I understand the OP completely...  I don't have a Red Card, but I haven't shopped at a Target for close to a year now because I'm also unhappy with them.

But, as you said.... onward and upward.  Smiley Happy

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.