Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I know everyone hates credit one but

tag
mrldp40
Established Contributor

I know everyone hates credit one but

I'm going to have to use them for a while while I'm rebuilding . In my offers page I keep getting pop ups that I'm approved for a credit increase of 0.00 dollar and I'm approved for a additional card with a credit limit of 0.00 press them and they disappeared what's going on ? Anyone experience this?
ready to start a rebuild ex 533 eq 518 tu 541
inquiries EQ 2 EX 0 TU 1 multiple charge off current card green dot secured 500
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FA21
New Contributor

Re: I know everyone hates credit one but

If you have absolutely no choice go with it but make sure you pay your balance at least 10 days before the due date or you will pay a 9.99 fee to make the pay effective the next day.  I also would recommend that you consider to open a secure card (Discover or Capital One are good options).  Discover can graduate you after 6 months of paying your balance on time to a secure card.  My two cents...

NFCU Platinum $1700.00; Capital One Platinum $300.00; Discover (secure) $200.00; Bank One $300.00 (April 2017)

NFCU Platinum $1700.00; Capital One Quicksilver $1800.00; Discover $2000.00; (March 2019)
Message 2 of 6
mrldp40
Established Contributor

Thanks I got discover secured when and if it graduates​ it will be my main card
ready to start a rebuild ex 533 eq 518 tu 541
inquiries EQ 2 EX 0 TU 1 multiple charge off current card green dot secured 500
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrldp40 wrote:
I'm going to have to use them for a while while I'm rebuilding . In my offers page I keep getting pop ups that I'm approved for a credit increase of 0.00 dollar and I'm approved for a additional card with a credit limit of 0.00 press them and they disappeared what's going on ? Anyone experience this?

You don't have to use them.

It's your decision, but it's not a wise one.

Self-lender is the best way to build positive credit history if you don't currently have the funds to pay off outstanding debts.

If you don't have $200 to secure a card, then you shouldn't have any credit cards at all.

Message 4 of 6
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

Credit One? I have that card and learned recently through their Customer Service that for example, your card has $350 with a $125 cash advance, you can only use that amount once whether ATM or bank which sucks when there are always constant payment to them.  This means that you can only make purchases and their way of controlling how you work the card.  You may be able to get Capital One or a Credit Union CC.  Anything is better than Credit One.  I am definitely closing mine.  Please follow my lead.  That is just too much work.

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thats probably what their"free" cli offers look like Smiley Wink Anything over a zero you have to pay for it Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.