cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I know how to get FREE CASH (no interest/fees) on Discover!

tag
afjock21
Valued Member

Re: I know how to get FREE CASH (no interest/fees) on Discover!

@andre181 wrote:

@afjock21 wrote:

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
LOL I already knew about this ;-) and the walmart discover one. Hahaha. These would likely send up red flags to the creditor though! Be careful!

I guess Discover would see that I'm accepting cash.. maybe no... I don't know, but I would HOPE that this wouldn't send up 'red flags' or else that is simply ridiculous. Next thing I know I got a package in the mail saying 'Sorry your credit line has been reduced' wowww I would definitely need to get some air...

I did it once at Walmart because I needed $20 in cash and didn't feel like stopping at the bank. On my statement, it showed my Walmart purchase and the cash-over seperately, so they definitely know you're doing it.

As long as you don't abuse it, I'm sure they won't mind. But if you start doing it regularly and especially if you start carrying balances while doing it, that could signal to them that you might be going through some financial difficulty which could cause some AA.

Good to know. Very good to know. I figured I'd 'get my feet wet' and do a random $120 just as a test. Figures the bastards have it come up seperate... can't a guy just get some cash without credit company going all nutty?! Apparently not.

Message 21 of 33
afjock21
Valued Member

@distantarray wrote:

@andre181 wrote:

I did it once at Walmart because I needed $20 in cash and didn't feel like stopping at the bank. On my statement, it showed my Walmart purchase and the cash-over seperately, so they definitely know you're doing it.

^ this, on my BCP Amex stuff bought inside and gas outside are coded differently probably because they don't want you to get 3% back on ciggarettes and hotdogs

BAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! WOW!!! Thanks bro, that was a good one.

Message 22 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@distantarray wrote:

@andre181 wrote:

^ this, on my BCP Amex stuff bought inside and gas outside are coded differently probably because they don't want you to get 3% back on ciggarettes and hotdogs

Try different gas stations.  I get my gas at Quiktrip.  Penfed 5% on gas at the pump, but only pays 0.25% inside.  But my Amex BC gets the bonus inside.  No idea why it's different for the two cards, but I'm not complaining.  I haven't tried other gas stations because QT is where I typically go anyway.

Message 23 of 33
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@andre181 wrote:

Try different gas stations.  I get my gas at Quiktrip.  Penfed 5% on gas at the pump, but only pays 0.25% inside.  But my Amex BC gets the bonus inside.  No idea why it's different for the two cards, but I'm not complaining.  I haven't tried other gas stations because QT is where I typically go anyway.

it might be different cause my regular gas station is Mobil gas but 7-11 store go figure.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 24 of 33
JustinNguyen
Contributor

Stupid is stupid. Keep doing like that until you have bad mark with creditor, then they never raise your credit limit. You'll get stuck with that credit limit until...... Call your credit card to find out. Lol

Message 25 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@afjock21 wrote:
This advice is ONLY for RESPONSIBLE credit card users. 

How many responsible credit card users would do this for a measly $120 cash advance per day?  If you did this for 30 days in a row, then put it into savings, after a year the interest probably wouldn't pay for the gas for trips to the store.  If you did this because you NEED $3600, then that alone is probably a reason not to.

Message 26 of 33
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1

Message 27 of 33
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Well... I know the Cash Over did NOT count against my Cash Advance limit when I tried it haha but looks like I won't get my first Discover statement til like nov 18th even though I opened it Oct 1st. Haha so... No payment due for like two months +!!! how funny!!
Otoh, the Walmart Quick Cash feature DOES count against your Cash Advance cl. And whenever I used the Cash Over with Discover, it only appeared as a charge, including my actual purchase ...on my recent charges.. No indication of a Cash Over transaction, but I'm sure they know :-P
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 28 of 33
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I have only used the Cash options when:
A. No extra charges
B. Saves me a trip to the atm
And
C. I pif

:-)... Again... Responsible use of credit, but if I were to fall on a financial hardship, you can bet I'd try to stockpile as much cash as possible, esp. if I ran out of savings.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 29 of 33
afjock21
Valued Member

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
I have only used the Cash options when:
A. No extra charges
B. Saves me a trip to the atm
And
C. I pif

:-)... Again... Responsible use of credit, but if I were to fall on a financial hardship, you can bet I'd try to stockpile as much cash as possible, esp. if I ran out of savings.

THIS is probably the only time I'd do it... like I'm robbing them lol even though it's my ass haha. Basically financial armageddon type scenario it's good for.

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.