I left the garden

tag
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Re: I left the garden

@oscar_actuary wrote:

@parakleet wrote:

@oscar_actuary wrote:

yep, no doubt you gotta leave for a deal like that.  Saving about $725/yr in interest is worth delaying a silver spade.

I just had no idea student loans had those high 10%+ interest rates

good luck!

Thanks! it's actually way more than that due to compound interest. We're talking thousands. Smiley Frustrated It's been killing me to pay all that interest but hopefully this'll be a life boat. 

Actually it's less that $725 / yr.  Due to the fact the principle will be dropping as well - hopefully. 
If you payed it off in 60 equal payments, you save about $2,000 total with the lower interst.

Ah, you're right. I was calculating the interest by including the original loan at 20yrs and new one at 15. My plan is to do it in 4. Smiley Happy

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 11 of 14
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Thanks guys! it's not a done deal yet so I'm absolutely sweating! I should hear about final approval within 3-5 business days...AAAAHHHH!!!

Don't worry y'all - as this is the credit card forum, I will be posting about DH's foray for the BCP in a week or so! Smiley Tongue

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 12 of 14
enharu
Super Contributor

Grats! Like lexie said, what matters most is that you are saving money! Smiley Happy
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 13 of 14
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

@GatorGuy wrote:

This is the exact reason why we work on our credit. Well done!

+1 Good point mr Gator.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.