Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love Capital One!!!

tag
Lawlover2
Contributor

I love Capital One!!!

Just wanted to let everyone know that things finally seem to be working in my direction.  I got the BOA 99/500 card in Sept but b/c I wasn't sure when it reported, my scores dropped as I had a balance on it Smiley Sad  I'll fix that next month.  Just trying to use it so they will make it unsecured in 9 months.  Anyway, applied for Cap One on October 31, 2008 and it came in the mail . . . with a $3,000 limit!  I guess Cap One forgives b/c I had two previous cards with them and they ended up closing them on me and I paid after charge-off.  That was about 2 years ago!  My scores then - who knows . . . upper 400's.  Now, they are TR 640 (was 656 b/4 BOA reporting at 30% utilization), EQ 630 (was before BOA issue) and not sure about EX.  I'm just so excited.  My scores when I started with this credit repair were ALL below 400 - that was 1 year and 2 months ago!!!  Wooo hoooo!  I chose the one with no annual fee and 0% interest until like April - then 15% or somthing like that, I'll never let anything accrue interest so I didn't pay much attention! 
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I love Capital One!!!

Congrats!!!!
Message 2 of 8
Guardian
Valued Contributor

Wow, love for Crapital One, tha'ts a new one. Glad you are happy though, that's all that matters. Good luck.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 3 of 8
MrCredit
Established Contributor

There are better bigger fish to fry.... Citi BOA etc. I can say Cap One is better than Discover at CLIs

Message 4 of 8
Guardian
Valued Contributor

Agreed, they are not the only ones but certainly among the kings of their crap.

Message 5 of 8
MrCredit
Established Contributor

I think Cap One is good for rebuilders and stuff... my mother has a Cap one card and has a 24k cl. She has had it for 12 years and its a prime card. 7.99f apr.
Message 6 of 8
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Thats good you got a 3k limit to start out with from them.... thats rare for someone who has baddies. They do have a prime product too, but they are shy with the spicket. They start off low like Discover.
Message 7 of 8
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@MrCredit wrote:
Thats good you got a 3k limit to start out with from them.... thats rare for someone who has baddies. They do have a prime product too, but they are shy with the spicket. They start off low like Discover.

Actually it seems they give out credit to anyone (including me but with a $300 business credit, I dumped them for all the 5k+ ones instead) since they gave my wife a 4k limit with a score of EX:496, TU:510, EQ:526 and she couldn't believe it. Funny because my credit was EX: 680, TU: 705, EQ: 756 and they declined me for credit line increases. So anyone who has luck with them, I am happy for them and very glad but all in all, they are crap. No offense. She keeps her card simply because with her trashed credit, that's the only one she has gotten or can get.

Message Edited by Guardian on 11-13-2008 05:33 PM
Message Edited by Guardian on 11-13-2008 05:34 PM

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.